I always go by the premise that anyone could sellotape a note to a door and wait around the corner. Not in 739 all day long.yellowbelly wrote:As a cover duty, makes me laugh when recipients sellotape a scrap of paper on the outside of the door for every local toerag to read
that says 'Put parcels in....xxxxx' and then a few days later duty holder says 'I've had Mrs Smith complain you didn't leave parcel in bin' and
I say 'Yep that was me!!' , cue much huffing and puffing as duty holder sees Xmas tip going down......
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Doorstepping or not?
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Doorstepping or not?
-
south London postie
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
- Gender: Male
Doorstepping or not?
739 and they can arrange the delivery for when they will be in. Anything else leaves you exposed.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping or not?
Oh dear. Behind a well. At least it didn't fall down the "well." 
-
sfxdby
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 28 Jan 2012, 21:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping or not?
If this was me, and I only deliver on my duty, I would be putting the parcel under the tub and putting in best position.,
Always leave a 739 card. Date, address. 'Parcel is under tub, down side.'
They clearly want the parcel and this is a delivery company.
Always leave a 739 card. Date, address. 'Parcel is under tub, down side.'
They clearly want the parcel and this is a delivery company.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping or not?
If it goes missing, you'll be in the s**t as RM more than likely wouldn't deem that to be a safe place
-
sfxdby
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 28 Jan 2012, 21:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping or not?
It's out of sight and under cover.
Haven't had one go missing, as far as I am aware.
Haven't had one go missing, as far as I am aware.
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3526
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping or not?
That could just be down to luck and the area you deliver. What I can't understand is how little "Safe place" notes we get, when we do get them they don't make sense i.e. "leave in front porch" on a house with no porch.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping or not?
I always say on the docket after I filled it out when you get notes or Ring doorbell instuctions
Sorry we are not Couriors like Hermes and Amazon we dont doorstep , if nobody in . goes back to office.
After a few weeks they get the message
Sorry we are not Couriors like Hermes and Amazon we dont doorstep , if nobody in . goes back to office.
After a few weeks they get the message
-
sfxdby
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 28 Jan 2012, 21:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping or not?
Well, to be honest, on this subject, as with many others, Royal Mail seems to be in a bit of a mess.
I have a note on my door. it says: 'Please leave any parcels in box down side and has an arrow on it.'
Amazon, DPD and Hermes always leaves my parcels. Royal Mail does not.
If I was invited to take part in a customer satisfaction survey, therefore, Royal Mail would be last.
Does anyone actually think that someone would find a suitable house ... stick a note on the door saying put parcels in this place... and then stalk it out?
Come on.
I have a note on my door. it says: 'Please leave any parcels in box down side and has an arrow on it.'
Amazon, DPD and Hermes always leaves my parcels. Royal Mail does not.
If I was invited to take part in a customer satisfaction survey, therefore, Royal Mail would be last.
Does anyone actually think that someone would find a suitable house ... stick a note on the door saying put parcels in this place... and then stalk it out?
Come on.
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3526
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping or not?
What's the message though, don't use RM, take your business elsewhere to a more understanding company?
If the safe place looks reasonably safe then I do as requested and haven't had an issue so far.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping or not?
To be fair guys, is that your defense IF/and possibly WHEN the parcel goes missing.
I took a picture guv so this conduct meeting should be stopped asap!
?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping or not?
The business is in an unholy mess as to what's acceptable practice and what's not partly due to covid and partly due to the fact that our competitors are winning over punters by making sure they get the parcel one way or another (even if you have to root through next door's vegetable patch to find it).
They need to make up their minds but in the meantime I'd stick to the rules cause if a manager doesn't like your face for some reason it's an easy out for them.
They need to make up their minds but in the meantime I'd stick to the rules cause if a manager doesn't like your face for some reason it's an easy out for them.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
EdRush
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping or not?
My packet cover (I dont have a van) doorstepped all my H+L packets today, they started only a few weeks ago and know no better....
As I was walking around with the post I called on the doors to see if they where in, some answered and were surprised to be told they had a packet!! Some didnt answer so I left the packets alone. It was the worst rainstorm and wind I've seen for years.
If the customers dont complain that any have gone missing/rain damaged then the postie looks (on paper) one of the most efficient in the office. But this 'trains' the PDA actuals on how many packets should be delivered per hour
Do you see the problem?
As I was walking around with the post I called on the doors to see if they where in, some answered and were surprised to be told they had a packet!! Some didnt answer so I left the packets alone. It was the worst rainstorm and wind I've seen for years.
If the customers dont complain that any have gone missing/rain damaged then the postie looks (on paper) one of the most efficient in the office. But this 'trains' the PDA actuals on how many packets should be delivered per hour
Do you see the problem?