ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Heat...Good old health and safety
-
Streets4228
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 10 May 2021, 13:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Heat...Good old health and safety
Well tell me the well run jobs where you need to work outdoors through the day. They are all well run just that we get a couple of weeks of food weather and it's all too hot and sunny out there. I know it's hot and sunny where do u think I am right now? I'm in it working like the rest of us
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Heat...Good old health and safety
It might be impractical but go back to the office to use the facilities there.Chelseablue wrote: ↑18 Jul 2021, 21:13Keep bein told take loads of fluids, thats great but wheres the toilet facilities ? Another thing union could press upon them .
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Heat...Good old health and safety
Go and get another job,,,,, what a great guy what a star !
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Heat...Good old health and safety
£16 an hr?Streets4228 wrote: ↑20 Jul 2021, 21:16Why not. We signed up to deliver mail in all weathers. It does ay that on all vacancy adverts you see. So come rain, hail, snow or shine regardless of the temperature outside I'll be doing my duty as instructed. You don't like it then get another job and see what the terms and conditions are like elsewhere compared to here. Oh and you will have to work God damn hard for your £10 an hour as well, not like here where you get your £16 an hour and it's not hard work is it.
Sick of the same old moaning year in year out.
Oh it's too hot / cold.
Oh it's dark.
I've been here for 30 years I used to go out on delivery when it was dark. I've been out in sun till 3 or 4 in the afternoon. You all need to grow up and get on with it.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Heat...Good old health and safety
Everytime I see this Meme it makes me smile.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Heat...Good old health and safety
It's a discussion forum Ripio. I think Streets is just trying to point out that in the great scheme of things perhaps we're not as hard done by as we like to think we are?
One way of dealing with an unpleasant situation is to say to yourself, "Well things could be much worse". It's just a mind trick and can make you feel better about something.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Heat...Good old health and safety
I believe Royal Mail used to a Reserved Occupation for Ex-Servicemen after WW2. Hence a lot of the terms probably stem from there. I remember some Old Timers chatting about being Paraded and Inspected before they went out on Delivery. Could you imagine that nowadays.Streets4228 wrote: ↑21 Jul 2021, 03:51
Yes we are not military but we use terms of military nature, leave, duty, sign up.
I seem to remember something in my Interview about being aware it was a Uniformed Service, and they expected you to be smartly turned out. I expect they've changed the wording now.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Heat...Good old health and safety
Maybe streets doesn't wear any uniform when doing his `duty` and gets a nice red colour that all Gammons aspire to.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Heat...Good old health and safety
And we had to wear a tie in the winter months.Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑25 Jul 2021, 10:22I believe Royal Mail used to a Reserved Occupation for Ex-Servicemen after WW2. Hence a lot of the terms probably stem from there. I remember some Old Timers chatting about being Paraded and Inspected before they went out on Delivery. Could you imagine that nowadays.Streets4228 wrote: ↑21 Jul 2021, 03:51
Yes we are not military but we use terms of military nature, leave, duty, sign up.
I seem to remember something in my Interview about being aware it was a Uniformed Service, and they expected you to be smartly turned out. I expect they've changed the wording now.![]()