Because they get paid more and a ft worker won't be working an hr less, that's how.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The Revision process in Delivery?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
-
Roccat4
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:39
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
For free?
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
No still incorrect, as mentioned several times now a part timer and a full timer both receive exactly the same rate of pay per hour.
There's no need to reach for a calculator or phone Rachel Riley to work out that a part timer on say 30 hrs will be paid less whilst on leave than a full timer on 37.
That's because they'll get 30hrs and 37 respectively both at the same rate of pay.
-
Roccat4
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:39
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
There is no wining here. Some people just seem to be unable to grasp the concept. There is also some ridiculous pt/ft "bias" involved that must be fogging minds.
And going joke in my DO is: I want full time contract, so i can work less hours.
Funniest part is, most days its not really a joke
And going joke in my DO is: I want full time contract, so i can work less hours.
Funniest part is, most days its not really a joke
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
Of course 30 hrs will get less than 37 BUT when they are on leave they WILL GET PAID MORE than they used to. The 37 hrs worker WILL GET THE SAME. Sorry for shouting but how much simpler can I put it?ted_e_bear wrote: ↑12 Jul 2021, 13:56No still incorrect, as mentioned several times now a part timer and a full timer both receive exactly the same rate of pay per hour.
There's no need to reach for a calculator or phone Rachel Riley to work out that a part timer on say 30 hrs will be paid less whilst on leave than a full timer on 37.
That's because they'll get 30hrs and 37 respectively both at the same rate of pay.![]()
![]()
-
Roccat4
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:39
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
Seriously, how thick can you be?
37 will get the same as 38 used to get.
That not ring any bells?
37 will get the same as 38 used to get.
That not ring any bells?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
Which is what I said, i.e THE SAME AS BEFORE. someone on 30 hr contract WILL GET MORE THAN BEFORE.
I'll forgive you for calling me thick. I'm sorry you don't understand.
-
Roccat4
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:39
- Gender: Male
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
Some full timers seem to want part timers to be paid a lower hourly rate than they are. With the workforce so keen to create divisions within themselves, is it any wonder that RM always get their way.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
toonshola
- Posts: 917
- Joined: 29 Jul 2011, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
It’s incredible really. These people are fortunate enough to get a rare full time contract in this company and all they seem determined to do is crap on those who are on less money. They are a disgrace and need to take a good hard look at themselves.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
I give up, honestly. I don't want to create a divide, I am mearly pointing out that for 6 weeks of the year when on annual leave, a part timer will have more in their pay packet than they did last yr , the full timer will have the same (taking into account the base pay rise everyone got regardless of contract hrs). I can't explain it any simpler.
-
Schiff
- Posts: 544
- Joined: 01 Nov 2016, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
What has that got to do with anything?rambo1 wrote: ↑16 Jul 2021, 08:59I give up, honestly. I don't want to create a divide, I am mearly pointing out that for 6 weeks of the year when on annual leave, a part timer will have more in their pay packet than they did last yr , the full timer will have the same (taking into account the base pay rise everyone got regardless of contract hrs). I can't explain it any simpler.
Part-timers and full-timers both get an hourly pay rate increase of the same amount, and are both paid that same hourly rate when they are on leave. You clearly have some kind of problem with that and I really can't understand why.
-
Roccat4
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:39
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
Because it is the mentality best described in a joke: Guy caught a goldfish and she says release me and i will grant you one wish, but your neighbour will get it double.
Okay says the guy, i want one of my balls to fall off.
Not even mentioning that only way for RM to prevent PT-ers from getting payrise in this scenario will be to reduce FT-ers pay to pro rata at 37 hours.
Or he just enjoys winding people up.
Okay says the guy, i want one of my balls to fall off.
Not even mentioning that only way for RM to prevent PT-ers from getting payrise in this scenario will be to reduce FT-ers pay to pro rata at 37 hours.
Or he just enjoys winding people up.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
I actually do give up banging my head against a wall here. I cannot explain it any simpler. If you cannot see what I'm saying.....well I just give up.Schiff wrote: ↑16 Jul 2021, 10:05What has that got to do with anything?rambo1 wrote: ↑16 Jul 2021, 08:59I give up, honestly. I don't want to create a divide, I am mearly pointing out that for 6 weeks of the year when on annual leave, a part timer will have more in their pay packet than they did last yr , the full timer will have the same (taking into account the base pay rise everyone got regardless of contract hrs). I can't explain it any simpler.
Part-timers and full-timers both get an hourly pay rate increase of the same amount, and are both paid that same hourly rate when they are on leave. You clearly have some kind of problem with that and I really can't understand why.
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
Post deleted.