What's the betting after all this furloughing and WFH the next big thing will be people developing agoraphobia,
Very True TG. If I hear one more Newscaster going on about People's Mental Health I'll scream! Must be really hard sitting at home getting paid ... Never mind about the NHS workers that actually had to work through this shite storm!
As for the rest of us "Key Workers" .... well I suppose we were just expendable?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Presumably this is going to be another huge cash cow for RM along with the already massive revenue increase since parcels went through the roof at the start of lockdown 12+ months ago. If this does take off (which it seems to be doing from the numbers I'm seeing coming in), a lot of rounds in my DO would literally only have time to deliver these, other tracked and specials an NO MAIL!
So my question is why is there no resourcing to cover this? How are we supposed to just absorb this into already hugely overstretched workloads?
Surely we should be seeing casuals taken on to help cover this? When is the CWU going to tell the company that more troops on the ground are needed to manage this extra work?
Ive been getting 10/20 a day most post i doorstep/hide away the ones that dont if there is no answer, takes very little extra time and the company get a lot of revenue that offsets the cost of ppe so good for us.
The CWU should do a big campaign encouraging workers to take these tests every week.
Royal Mail don't want us to take them in case we have to isolate, but it would help keep our workplaces safe.
I disagree. I believe it depends on the location of your DO really. We've operated throughout Covid without significant staff shortages. I'd like to think it's got a lot to do with the way we actually enforce the Covid Guidelines. We had just over 6% abscence, due to Shielding, apart from that we've had several "Alarms" were people have had to test ... but they've been Negative and returned to work.
Are they dropping like flies in your DO?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
The CWU should do a big campaign encouraging workers to take these tests every week.
Royal Mail don't want us to take them in case we have to isolate, but it would help keep our workplaces safe.
I disagree. I believe it depends on the location of your DO really. We've operated throughout Covid without significant staff shortages. I'd like to think it's got a lot to do with the way we actually enforce the Covid Guidelines. We had just over 6% abscence, due to Shielding, apart from that we've had several "Alarms" were people have had to test ... but they've been Negative and returned to work.
Are they dropping like flies in your DO?
Feel pretty safe in the office at the moment to be honest.
No harm in making things even safer by regular testing though.
Feel pretty safe in the office at the moment to be honest.
No harm in making things even safer by regular testing though.
Glad you're all OK. It seems a lot of the test kits we are delivering are for people returning to the workplace after furlough, or specific reasons. One customer needed it to attend his child's birth.
I get the feeling that we've become accustomed to the Risk by working through it. However some of the people that have basically shut themselves indoors (for whatever reason) appear to be a bit shell-shocked on finally emerging. You see them jumping off the kerb when you come along. I think some people are going to have some serious long term problems. I'm glad I worked through it TBH.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)