ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Reserves

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: Reserves

Post by HTPostman »

postiepete2 wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2021, 22:01
HTPostman wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2021, 18:28
Every single PT employee here given bank holiday Friday and Easter Monday as their days off. I’d like to say I’m annoyed but it happened last year, i assume it happened the year before.
Make sure you all get 2 lieu days or OT payment
Cheers, I always make sure I do (by requesting a printout of my AL) but can’t speak for others.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

Re: Reserves

Post by sorefeet17 »

HTPostman wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2021, 11:40
postiepete2 wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2021, 22:01
HTPostman wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2021, 18:28
Every single PT employee here given bank holiday Friday and Easter Monday as their days off. I’d like to say I’m annoyed but it happened last year, i assume it happened the year before.
Make sure you all get 2 lieu days or OT payment
Cheers, I always make sure I do (by requesting a printout of my AL) but can’t speak for others.
It's still down to the DOM to input the data, which is the problem in our DO
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

Re: Reserves

Post by Murdoch »

I have this issue every time a new manager comes into the office. Where I have to matter of fact tell them, that I'll be taking another day off during the week.

Just another example of managers taking advantage of people that don't stand up for themselves, or don't know any better.
postiepete2
Posts: 49
Joined: 24 Feb 2020, 08:35
Gender: Male

Re: Reserves

Post by postiepete2 »

Sorted this morning - got paid OT instead of lieu day no problem
picture123
Posts: 121
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Re: Reserves

Post by picture123 »

If you're given it as your day off request in writing to be paid ot for it as soon as you find out. Your manager will soon start finding you a day off as everybody claiming it is brutal on his budget
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Reserves

Post by yellowbelly »

picture123 wrote: ↑
10 Apr 2021, 21:05
If you're given it as your day off request in writing to be paid ot for it as soon as you find out. Your manager will soon start finding you a day off as everybody claiming it is brutal on his budget
Not necessarily as 'brutal' as you might think. You lose out - for any OT that takes you above 38hrs as
any OT payment above the (current) FT 38hrs as RM don't pay contributions to the RMDC pension above 38hrs
and you won't get any delivery supplement for the same reason.

If you take the day off in lieu instead both of these payments are obviously paid by RM.
Also managers hate having to manage the 'extra' days off that are built up.