Political correctness is the worst thing in society now, Can not stand this snowflake world we live in nowHaditup wrote: ↑16 Mar 2021, 06:53I can imagine the workplace can be very intimidating especially for new recruits.
The place is full of foul mouthed sexists ,racist ,backstabbing people.
There is no political correctness practiced at my Delivery Office.
You get to know who they are and don’t associate with them.
If you are easily offended I would choose another employer.
The management are to blame.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Fearing going in work
-
al64
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 04 Sep 2008, 16:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
Good.al64 wrote: ↑16 Mar 2021, 19:19Political correctness is the worst thing in society now, Can not stand this snowflake world we live in nowHaditup wrote: ↑16 Mar 2021, 06:53I can imagine the workplace can be very intimidating especially for new recruits.
The place is full of foul mouthed sexists ,racist ,backstabbing people.
There is no political correctness practiced at my Delivery Office.
You get to know who they are and don’t associate with them.
If you are easily offended I would choose another employer.
The management are to blame.![]()
I'm glad you cant stand it.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Postmandan17
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 01 Oct 2020, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
I find it hilarious how the ones calling everyone "snowflakes" are the ones who get more offended than literally anyone else.Acca Dacca wrote: ↑17 Mar 2021, 00:10Good.al64 wrote: ↑16 Mar 2021, 19:19Political correctness is the worst thing in society now, Can not stand this snowflake world we live in nowHaditup wrote: ↑16 Mar 2021, 06:53I can imagine the workplace can be very intimidating especially for new recruits.
The place is full of foul mouthed sexists ,racist ,backstabbing people.
There is no political correctness practiced at my Delivery Office.
You get to know who they are and don’t associate with them.
If you are easily offended I would choose another employer.
The management are to blame.![]()
I'm glad you cant stand it.
"waaaa I can't be casually racist anymore!"
"waaa I can't grab the arse of any girl I want anymore!"
"waaaa I'm part of the most catered-to group that has ever walked the earth but the meany lefty liberals hurt my feelings by not letting me do and say whatever I please!"
"waaaa things were so much better in the 70s!"
Pathetic, frightened old men clutching their pearls, afraid of change and progress like the sad little snowflakes they are.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
All political correctness is doing is pushing opinions underground where it festers and becomes more dangerous long term. I would rather people be up front and speak there mind and show there true colours. Know your enemy or always look over your shoulder and protect your back.Postmandan17 wrote: ↑17 Mar 2021, 07:45I find it hilarious how the ones calling everyone "snowflakes" are the ones who get more offended than literally anyone else.Acca Dacca wrote: ↑17 Mar 2021, 00:10Good.al64 wrote: ↑16 Mar 2021, 19:19Political correctness is the worst thing in society now, Can not stand this snowflake world we live in nowHaditup wrote: ↑16 Mar 2021, 06:53I can imagine the workplace can be very intimidating especially for new recruits.
The place is full of foul mouthed sexists ,racist ,backstabbing people.
There is no political correctness practiced at my Delivery Office.
You get to know who they are and don’t associate with them.
If you are easily offended I would choose another employer.
The management are to blame.![]()
I'm glad you cant stand it.
"waaaa I can't be casually racist anymore!"
"waaa I can't grab the arse of any girl I want anymore!"
"waaaa I'm part of the most catered-to group that has ever walked the earth but the meany lefty liberals hurt my feelings by not letting me do and say whatever I please!"
"waaaa things were so much better in the 70s!"
Pathetic, frightened old men clutching their pearls, afraid of change and progress like the sad little snowflakes they are.
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
I really can't face going In tomorrow. Any ideas ?
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
If you really can’t face it then go sick with stress and make an appointment with your GP.
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
-
andyman606
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 18:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
Just take your time do what you can and walk away- try and avoid confrontation and realise it's just a job so earn your pennies and go home and relax let the management stress.
Look after yourself as there will be a lack of jobs soon and this pays reasonably well for what it is we get paid nearly the same as a nurse now that is a hard thing to face each day....I'd rather shove things through doors than deal with what they have to...think about it the adult paperround is not that bad is it even though they try to make it bad as they can rise over it.....have a beer chillout!
Look after yourself as there will be a lack of jobs soon and this pays reasonably well for what it is we get paid nearly the same as a nurse now that is a hard thing to face each day....I'd rather shove things through doors than deal with what they have to...think about it the adult paperround is not that bad is it even though they try to make it bad as they can rise over it.....have a beer chillout!
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
Have you spoken to your rep? If no luck from them speak to area rep.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Fearing going in work
I come in early sometimes 20 minutes or so, only to make sure I arrive at my workplace rather last minute, I don't make comments about those coming on time because all I do is make my coffee and sit at my fitting chilling out, the managers used to try and get me on sorting, I told them I'm not due to start and I'm not working for free, they don't like that because it's true, they've given up now, I sit amused while I watch the headless chickens run aroundCoffee lover wrote: ↑15 Mar 2021, 21:07Yes! And also feel under pressure from people who gets in early and make sly remarks about people coming in on time.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.