ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

HCT - being asked to walk for 6.10hours

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: HCT - being asked to walk for 6.10hours

Post by POSTMAN »

Lizzie wrote: ↑
22 Mar 2021, 19:37
P13 wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2021, 11:00
Lizzie wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2021, 10:53
Thanks for this - the actual duty time is 6.30mins, I was only factoring in a 20 minute break as I wasn't told I'd have longer! (I was used to working 5.12 over 5 days you see)
You are entitled to 30 minutes break when you work 5 hours 12 minutes as well

I've only been taking 20 mins break for the whole time I've been at RM- this was all I was told I could have on a 26hr contract :d'oh!
Who told you that? Depending on who told you, you could be in line for some back pay!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 431
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
Gender: Female

Re: HCT - being asked to walk for 6.10hours

Post by Sugar »

Is the HCT a manual or electric assisted one?

If its manual I'd be asking for a health and safety risk assessment.