Night shift is the bollocks.
The whole place to myself and everything turned up to 11.
Dancing like nobody is watching because..nobody is watching.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Music listening @ work
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Music listening @ work
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Harv12
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Music listening @ work
I listen to audio books while on delivery, An listen to radio x from my phone with headphones in the office, the radio police dont like the radio turned up in the office, we cant hear it at the bottom of the office due to the fans and heaters making a racket but the police kick off if its turned up a little bit, selfish children that they are,
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Music listening @ work
When I was working on platforms unloading/loading vans and lorries we would usually have 'oldie' radio stations like Gold or Absolute Radio 60s and 70s on the radio as we were mainly older guys. When the younger guys put on more current electronic music, or stations like Kiss or Magic FM, I found it annoying.
On sorting there used to be radios but people couldn't agree on which station should be on, and some complained about any radio music so it was discontinued.
I would use a personal dab radio while sorting, but didn't listen to music usually, just Radio 4 programs.
On sorting there used to be radios but people couldn't agree on which station should be on, and some complained about any radio music so it was discontinued.
I would use a personal dab radio while sorting, but didn't listen to music usually, just Radio 4 programs.
Last edited by baldrick on 22 Mar 2021, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
-
nikrad
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Music listening @ work
Podcasts all the way. Honestly I don’t think I could cope without them on my six hour delivery. Only trouble is iPhone headphones are crap.
-
sequinn
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
- Gender: Female
Re: Music listening @ work
I don’t like music playing at work and very rarely have the radio on in my van. I also don’t like colleagues who think they’ve got a fantastic voice, singing out loud. I’m not a miserable so and so, I just don’t like noise.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Music listening @ work
I'm same, hate listening to crappy local radio stations.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Mailman300
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Apr 2017, 09:10
- Gender: Male
-
Mailman300
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Apr 2017, 09:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Music listening @ work
You don’t need to have a good voice to sing. If they are getting enjoyment out of it, that’s good enough for me. Seeing people enjoying themselves has got to be a positive in our job.
-
denhamhoop
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Music listening @ work
Sounds like you have the same misfortune of having to endure Smooth still it's better than Tragic which was the previous channel I think I've had Ipod Nanos with bigger playlistsJKSmudge wrote: ↑15 Mar 2021, 21:01Generally hate the radio on at work - it's the same old 'popular' stuff regurgitated ad nauseum. The god awful station that's on in our place has the same oldies doing the rounds on their playlist for ages, currently having to put up with bloody U2 and The Jam everyday and they seem to never tire of playing 'Paradise City' or 'We built this city on Rock and Roll' .![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Music listening @ work
Always use headsets in the Office so I don't have to listen to the inane chatter of the "Moron Classes" usually Radio 4Extra (for comedy & drama).
Sometimes I have to wear a pair of ear defenders over the top of them when the "Chuckling Lunatics & The Pub Singer" kick off! It's like Bedlam sometimes.
Once I'm out the door it's normally a bit of Classic FM in the van (No CD player
) just to chill on my way to the start of delivery .... I find it cuts down on Road Rage. 
Once the proper days work starts it's Audio Books all the way (MP3). Over the last 15 months I've listened my way through 110 books.
The advantage of Audio Books over music is you can hear customers, and hold a conversation, over the top ...... it's not that LOUD! 
Sometimes I have to wear a pair of ear defenders over the top of them when the "Chuckling Lunatics & The Pub Singer" kick off! It's like Bedlam sometimes.
Once I'm out the door it's normally a bit of Classic FM in the van (No CD player
Once the proper days work starts it's Audio Books all the way (MP3). Over the last 15 months I've listened my way through 110 books.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)