ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MRM.COM : All new vehicles will be fitted with the Trimble telemetry kits as standard

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : All new vehicles will be fitted with the Trimble telemetry kits as standard

Post by cpsteve »

All we need to do is drive in a safe way and there is no problem, as for leaving your van running for long periods ask yourself would you leave your car running for 30mins every morning wasting your very expensive fuel. Over the whole fleet of vans if R/M can cut out the waste of fuel and the avoidable knocks caused by poor driving then they are a good thing.
rallyingman
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 Oct 2016, 19:11
Gender: Male

Re: MRM.COM : All new vehicles will be fitted with the Trimble telemetry kits as standard

Post by rallyingman »

Did you have your handbrake on ??? Mine lights up like a Xmas tree well before that :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: MRM.COM : All new vehicles will be fitted with the Trimble telemetry kits as standard

Post by wacko74 »

I'm convinced trimble doesn't have any set parameters and instead adapts and responds to how the vans being driven in real time.

An example of what I mean is most of the rural rounds I cover involve a 10 mile drive along a dual carriageway to get to the start of the round.

Driving for 10 miles along said dual carriageway involves no braking, accelerating or sharp turning for a prolonged period of time but when I get to the slip road and roundabout to come off I can guarantee the trimble will bleep as I brake, bleep as I go around the roundabout and bleep as I accelerate again , no matter how gently I perform these manoeuvres. usually putting it on amber, sometimes even red

But at the end of my delivery after I've spent the last 4-5 hours constantly braking, accelerating and turning along country lanes and farm tracks when I perform the same manoeuvre on the roundabout back on to the the dual carriageway the trimble doesn't respond at all and stays in the green.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: MRM.COM : All new vehicles will be fitted with the Trimble telemetry kits as standard

Post by robbertwhitton »

God! Yet another thing to catch us out with as and when it suits them? Another thing to maybe impact on the time it takes to complete deliveries that they will hate ,thinking are they advanced driving instructors,so where are we going with this?i would hope it works both ways.
Chupacabra74
Posts: 52
Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
Gender: Male

Re: MRM.COM : All new vehicles will be fitted with the Trimble telemetry kits as standard

Post by Chupacabra74 »

It’s to track the van, nothing more
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: MRM.COM : All new vehicles will be fitted with the Trimble telemetry kits as standard

Post by HTPostman »

wacko74 wrote: ↑
07 Mar 2021, 05:00
I'm convinced trimble doesn't have any set parameters and instead adapts and responds to how the vans being driven in real time.

An example of what I mean is most of the rural rounds I cover involve a 10 mile drive along a dual carriageway to get to the start of the round.

Driving for 10 miles along said dual carriageway involves no braking, accelerating or sharp turning for a prolonged period of time but when I get to the slip road and roundabout to come off I can guarantee the trimble will bleep as I brake, bleep as I go around the roundabout and bleep as I accelerate again , no matter how gently I perform these manoeuvres. usually putting it on amber, sometimes even red

But at the end of my delivery after I've spent the last 4-5 hours constantly braking, accelerating and turning along country lanes and farm tracks when I perform the same manoeuvre on the roundabout back on to the the dual carriageway the trimble doesn't respond at all and stays in the green.
I’d go even further than that, I’ve had it beeping at me when I’ve the hand break on, gear in neutral waiting for traffic lights to change!

There’s a part of a street in town surrounded by tall buildings where we have to drive through and there’s no signal there, each day without fail as you drive along at a leisurely 20mph in a straight line you get a beep as the signal drops out then reconnects.

On another note, it’s amazing how the 3 most senior drivers here don’t have Trimble’s fitted.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526