ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by POSTMAN »

:sad:

Give the pdf time to load, you may have to refresh, just testing a new feature for pdf's inline.
You 'should' see the new uniform range.
Photos-of-New-Uniform-Range-2021.pdf
I'm feeling Blue...not.
Link to uniform pdf if the above is playing up...
http://www.cwu.org/wp-content/uploads/2 ... e-2021.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Change the forum name to tech fit leggings.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Gilet rouges...
Only dead fish follow the current
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Dexydog »

Still no fleece/jumper ffs.
Looks to be a l/s undershirt, but you just want something to cover your arms when it gets chilly but don't need your coat on.
A l/s undershirt will just make you sweat eventually and then you can't take the damn thing off.
What's the point of a gilet?- if it's cold enough that a shirt isn't enough, you'd just stick your coat on.
Who do they ask for feedback on this stuff??
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Dexydog »

DP
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by yellowbelly »

What's with the DPD castoffs in the 'Endurance' range?
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by DGH »

The best thing is that they've obviously designed the range to be red and black (well read and dark grey/grey) to match the post boxes, vans, etc etc. Even the hi-vis vest matches.

But they've made the waterproofs bright yellow (despite a red hi-vis option clearly existing).

So so near to getting something that at least looks coherent and they f**k it up right at the last hurdle.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by clashcityrocker »

I think the range looks good on the models in the pictures.
Sleek, modern and fit for purpose - like they want RM to be.
There are a lot of fat slobs in my DO who are not going to carry the look off on the street.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by crimson king »

Those red shirts, ha ha! :left:

They look as though they could be worn to a line dancing evening.

Think I might have to stock up on some blue ones while I still can to see me through to retirement.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Completely off topic:
Has anyone else noticed the number of posties and pillar boxes in the latest Halifax advert?
It's almost as though they want to be subliminally associated with the brand?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Woody Guthrie »

To be honest I ditched the blue shirts about 10 years ago when the polo first became a thing.
I always hated ironing 6 of those old school shirts every Sunday.
Only dead fish follow the current
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Cedar_Room »

We have a huge workforce & you aren’t ever going to please everybody,but why the hell do RM insist on throwing money at a completely new range when the current uninform,whilst not great,could be made a lot better with a few minor adjustments?!

A summer/winter uniform would be an idea for starters (sure we had this BITD?)
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
WallaceCat
Posts: 70
Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 22:38
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by WallaceCat »

I think it looks great and modern
Zicomurphy
Posts: 579
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Zicomurphy »

I assume the whole uniform range will be issued en masse rather than individual items issued when replacements are ordered?
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: Uniform : No more Blue shirts, do I have to change the name of this forum then?

Post by Cedar_Room »

Zicomurphy wrote: ↑
23 Feb 2021, 17:38
I assume the whole uniform range will be issued en masse rather than individual items issued when replacements are ordered?
Yeah. That’s what happened in 2010 when the current uniform replaced the old blue one. Seem to remember a team from Dimensions actually came into our office to assist with any questions we may have had when we ordered. For a lot of offices (mine included) it coincided with the launch of park & loop & the new way of working,PDA’s,later starts etc...
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”