ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Post by greengiant »

Occupational Health GP Appoint 2nd of March.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Post by POSTMAN »

Good luck, let me know when I can turn the Greengiant Purple. :Very Happy
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Post by greengiant »

POSTMAN wrote: ↑
19 Feb 2021, 17:04
Good luck, let me know when I can turn the Greengiant Purple. :Very Happy
Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by turning me purple though?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Post by POSTMAN »

greengiant wrote: ↑
19 Feb 2021, 19:55
POSTMAN wrote: ↑
19 Feb 2021, 17:04
Good luck, let me know when I can turn the Greengiant Purple. :Very Happy
Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by turning me purple though?
lol...
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=21
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Post by greengiant »

POSTMAN wrote: ↑
19 Feb 2021, 19:56
greengiant wrote: ↑
19 Feb 2021, 19:55
POSTMAN wrote: ↑
19 Feb 2021, 17:04
Good luck, let me know when I can turn the Greengiant Purple. :Very Happy
Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by turning me purple though?
lol...
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=21
I get what you mean now!

Hopefully I'll know one way or another within a few weeks.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Post by greengiant »

Out of curiosity, what is the likely timescale if the occupational health gp says IHR? A week to two weeks before getting paid off?

I am pretty worried though.

:sad:
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Post by General Mannerheim »

greengiant wrote: ↑
25 Feb 2021, 22:30
Out of curiosity, what is the likely timescale if the occupational health gp says IHR? A week to two weeks before getting paid off?

I am pretty worried though.

:sad:
It usually takes about two weeks once the quack has decided your ill health retirement material to sort out the paperwork, but with covid it's now taking up to 6 weeks. :roll:
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Post by greengiant »

I had the occupational health consultation this afternoon.

Since I do not, as yet, have a diagnosis, the Occy Health GP is unable to make a decision whether to offer me IHR or not. So he is recommending the status quo for another 3 months, hopefully by then I'll have a diagnosis.

Or I'll have been booted out the door under "capability" grounds rather than IHR.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Post by greengiant »

Got the report from the OH GP.

He is of the opinion that I am not covered by the Equality Act, and is uncertain if I am unlikely to be able to undertake my full duty within the forseeable future. He also said in the report that he is unable to give a prognosis on when I will be able to return to my full duties, or reccomend adjustments in the absence of diagnosis and waiting on ongoing medical tests. :hmmmm
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Post by greengiant »

My last MRI scan came back clear, so no diagnosis. I'm now on the waiting list for another scan (number 5!), and on the waiting list (of many months) to see the neurologist again. :thumbdown
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Post by greengiant »

So it looks like a meeting soon with DOM, myself and union rep.

Occupational Health GP is unable to give a decision, regarding IHR, since I do not have a diagnosis. As such, he cannot say whether I will be fit in the future to return to my duties, or whether I would be eligible for IHR with immediate access pension.

So my question is this. I think the DOM will be pushing for me to leave. However does IHR with a lump sum need to be approved by Occupational Health?Bearing in mind I do not have a diagnosis yet, and it's looking like it's going to be many more months before I do.

Or is it more likely I'll just be dismissed immediately through attendance procedures (as yet, I have not been issued a stage)?

:sad:
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Post by greengiant »

Just a bit of an update.
I'm still here! (At least for the moment anyway). I'm still on light duties at the moment, mainly doing election material prep.

Symptoms are slightly improving, although walking is still not great due to neurological issues.
The cunning plan is for me to try to build up to a parcel shift, and if that works out, then that should be my normal duty, or LATs etc. I certainly can't see me getting back to a normal delivery.

Next month is a 5th MRI scan (a repeat one of my neck). Hopefully this may get me a bit closer to diagnosis.

But at least employment wise it seems bit positive.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: IHR Process / long term sick without diagnosis.

Post by greengiant »

Anyway, just to update. Still waiting on a diagnosis (hopefully seeing a Professor of Neurology this year sometime, and possibly more tests to rule out anything degenerative).

I've been able to get a redeployment to working to the CSP / indoor. Whether that remains if there is a full revision in 2022, and indoor staff numbers get looked at. But at least I know I should be relatively safe for the moment.