ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Full time (35hrs) from 30hrs.
-
Manboat
- Posts: 172
- Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Full time (35hrs) from 30hrs.
Our manager has said part timers will be going up to at least a 32 hour contract possibly even 33 hours, not much in it to full time so might be worth asking your manager too, might make your decision easier.
-
onejontwo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 16 Apr 2012, 17:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Full time (35hrs) from 30hrs.
I was in your position and opted to refuse the full time hours and change of duty, being messed around etc. For the last three years I was asked to come in early on full time hours anyway so I got to keep my walk with full time pay, albeit with less holiday pay and pension top-up, but I knew my days off, I could plan things and was happier and less stressed. That's my view but hey, everyone's different.
-
sfxdby
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 28 Jan 2012, 21:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Full time (35hrs) from 30hrs.
Some great answers there.
I absolutely couldn't stand the messing about. Having to deal with managers daily.
How much do you make in tips?
When you're adding up the £40 p/w for your hols.
I may well lose my round in a repick and have to reserve, but after that I would be knocking on the manager's door asking him to put the empty duties up for signing - til I got one. Any duty better than dealing with that.
I absolutely couldn't stand the messing about. Having to deal with managers daily.
How much do you make in tips?
When you're adding up the £40 p/w for your hols.
I may well lose my round in a repick and have to reserve, but after that I would be knocking on the manager's door asking him to put the empty duties up for signing - til I got one. Any duty better than dealing with that.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Full time (35hrs) from 30hrs.
Full time is 38hrs, not 35hrs