ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by crimson king »

Following the pizza leaflet deliverer who's left every one sticking out of the letterbox
.

They're easy.

Open letterbox, pizza leaflet on floor, your stuff in.

If it's half in and in my way, it's pulled out, on the floor and my stuff rammed in. Same for DPD, Hermes, Yodel , general love making and rest of yous can't be bothered putting stuff all the way in.

:cuppa
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by twoloops »

Woman said to me today "Bet your hot in this, it's too hot for me" HOT ..... HOT .... You want to try carrying this f'in bag in it :evil/mad
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by cpsteve »

dogs mess
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by twoloops »

Woman asked me today “Got anything for 43?” I was 20 houses away, had I flick through my bundle & offered her, her letter, She said “Can you post it please?” :arrrghhh I could have strangled her
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

Re: What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Pathfinder »

twoloops wrote: ↑
28 Jan 2021, 19:10
Woman asked me today “Got anything for 43?” I was 20 houses away, had I flick through my bundle & offered her, her letter, She said “Can you post it please?” :arrrghhh I could have strangled her

Haha, oh I love those 😂
Manboat
Posts: 172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 22:16
Gender: Male

Re: What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Manboat »

I got told off today for knocking too hard and ringing the door bell as the womans daughter had been on nights, apparently she would have been happy if I’d just rung the door bell, daughter was at the window embarrassed that her mum was complaining, can’t please some people :crazy:
val33
Posts: 14
Joined: 12 Jan 2021, 10:33
Gender: Male

Re: What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by val33 »

Lovely surprise waiting for me at the doorstep of number 18 a few weeks ago... fresh vomit all over the doorstep and even dripping down the door itself. Couldn't step within 2 feet of the door without stepping in the vomit, so just ignored it and went to the next house. They can get their mail tomorrow when they've cleaned up the door.
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by twoloops »

Good loud knock with PDA 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 2nd good loud knock with PDA, 739 & pen out, nearly complete 739, door opens, I had to say sarcastically “Thank you very much for opening your door” :evil/mad I’d have liked to have put my foot through it
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

Re: What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by sorefeet17 »

twoloops wrote: ↑
28 Jan 2021, 19:10
Woman asked me today “Got anything for 43?” I was 20 houses away, had I flick through my bundle & offered her, her letter, She said “Can you post it please?” :arrrghhh I could have strangled her
When they try it again, and they usually do! I either say "nothing today" or "I'll put in through the door" regardless of wether I know they have mail or not.