ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Face masks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Face masks

Post by Postie45 »

the maskless threaten to not come in ... then why dont those who are threatened by people not wearing masks do the same and refuse to work, its an unsafe environment.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Face masks

Post by Jpro747 »

Covid doesn’t exist in some workplaces apparently... delivering firms this week and passed workers in warehouses, factories and building sites with no ppe or social distancing. So it’s going on everywhere not just RM. The lockdown is pointless if this is happening in workplaces up and down the country. Lambs to the slaughter.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Face masks

Post by k979aaa »

terry2972 wrote: ↑
13 Jan 2021, 18:02
Over 1500 deaths today and still people don’t wear their masks in our office I don’t understand it
They do in our place and leave them all over the place like door handles gear sticks and frames nice!
Flashman_
Posts: 363
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 00:08
Gender: Male

Re: Face masks

Post by Flashman_ »

Most in our place wear masks but a significant minority totally refuse, or wear it on their chin. I asked some people politely to start wearing them but got reactions from its all rubbish to blank stares. When I told the DOM to start enforcing the rules, or I will be going home as I did not feel safe, I later was confronted by one colleague in a very threatening way, and throwing abuse at me. :arrrghhh
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Face masks

Post by k979aaa »

Best way is stay as far a way as you can and not touch anything they have been near some people do have exemptions and may feel intimidated by your actions it is not your job to enforce or to enquire that is what managers are for.