I completely agree with this BUT...unfortunately I sometimes let stress get the better of me. I shouldn’t of course, but I can’t help it. Some nights I even have trouble sleeping because I’m thinking about work the following morning. Don’t get me wrong, I do EVERYTHING you said in your post - I start/finish on time, take my full breaks, and never do o/t, and the work is just building up. Managers don’t seem to give a s**t. I need to re-wire my brain so I don’t let it get to me from now on!Jpro747 wrote: ↑12 Jan 2021, 17:37Stop going over and beyond for a company that couldn’t give a flying f**k about your unachievable workload, your mental well-being, or whether you get struck down with covid and keel over. Just do your hours and if it piles up then so be it, let the failures of management be known to those at the top and to the public! Nothing will change if we carry on pulling them out of the s**t.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Why are RM not employing casuals (for delivery)?
-
nightcrawler
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 20 Sep 2018, 17:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Why are RM not employing casuals (for delivery)?
-
markarronsmith
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 20 Mar 2020, 12:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Why are RM not employing casuals (for delivery)?
Agreed. I hate leaving it tho if I’m honest. I always work my allocated shift time but when I leave mail I know it’s me that has to do it again the day after and the day after and so on..Jpro747 wrote: ↑12 Jan 2021, 17:37Stop going over and beyond for a company that couldn’t give a flying f**k about your unachievable workload, your mental well-being, or whether you get struck down with covid and keel over. Just do your hours and if it piles up then so be it, let the failures of management be known to those at the top and to the public! Nothing will change if we carry on pulling them out of the s**t.
The worst is waiting for vans (as I’m on the afternoon shift) having s**t loads of tracked and not getting out till 3pm most days. And when I get a van they’re falling apart!! And when I have a day off I come into double mail and packets cos my walks not gone out
Something needs to change ASAP
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Why are RM not employing casuals (for delivery)?
Having casual staff in DOs wouldn't really work as they won't know where they are going and you would just get complaints & mistakes. The posties knowledge IS Royal Mail as I have said before. Without that RM is just another courier company that delivers parcels badly or to the wrong address.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Why are RM not employing casuals (for delivery)?
What RM need to do is have proper walk logs. map showing the route, start and end of loops, parking spots, dog (and other hazards) entry codes, etcCelgar wrote: ↑12 Jan 2021, 22:45Having casual staff in DOs wouldn't really work as they won't know where they are going and you would just get complaints & mistakes. The posties knowledge IS Royal Mail as I have said before. Without that RM is just another courier company that delivers parcels badly or to the wrong address.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Why are RM not employing casuals (for delivery)?
AND LAPSING DUTIES who said this was not a skilled job?SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑13 Jan 2021, 06:55What RM need to do is have proper walk logs. map showing the route, start and end of loops, parking spots, dog (and other hazards) entry codes, etcCelgar wrote: ↑12 Jan 2021, 22:45Having casual staff in DOs wouldn't really work as they won't know where they are going and you would just get complaints & mistakes. The posties knowledge IS Royal Mail as I have said before. Without that RM is just another courier company that delivers parcels badly or to the wrong address.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Why are RM not employing casuals (for delivery)?
My office has had agency staff in since before Christmas.
-
Kesknight
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 11 Aug 2016, 22:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Why are RM not employing casuals (for delivery)?
Amazon have started delivering their own parcels in our area. Our packets and parcels have dropped well below half in the last week. We complained we had too much work, it's changed almost overnight
-
twiddledumb
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Why are RM not employing casuals (for delivery)?
They are, we have 3 in my office. Same job as every other postie but on lower pay and no benefits that other posties. This is the RM future template, RM testing the water and as usual the union do nothing just like they did when they stopped Saturday letter deliveries last year, guess what the regulator now recommends the end of Saturday letter deliveries after seeing how well if worked last year. Well done union you played a blinder there.