i cant believe that some people are trying to work out the back pay in this farce of an agreement , lets see if your still happy or slagging the cwu off a few months down the line when the company start taking deliverys out due to scanning in and out and revivions , or and making deliverys bigger and jobs will go
i cant believe that some people are trying to work out the back pay in this farce of an agreement , lets see if your still happy or slagging the cwu off a few months down the line when the company start taking deliverys out due to scanning in and out and revivions , or and making deliverys bigger and jobs will go
They can make the deliveries as big as they want. Give me 5000 houses. I have a start time and finish time. I really can’t understand why so many people just don’t get it??
Honestly even though I will be entitled to possibly a four figure payment or very near it I am not too sure if we should vote for it.
So you reckon you earn £50+k a yr , or you can't do maths, which is it?
I agree I haven't mentioned that the figure I was thinking of is before tax and if someone is trying to question my math skills. Assuming we will be entitled to 47 weeks of back dated pay rise. I doubt anything will be done by the end of January. Taking into consideration only basic pay + delivery supplement I'd be entitled to £697.17 gross with overtime added to it I am sure it will be near a 4 digit figure.
Still not sure if the whole thing is worth a vote as there are so many undisclosed important details regarding our future at Royal Mail.
Honestly even though I will be entitled to possibly a four figure payment or very near it I am not too sure if we should vote for it.
So you reckon you earn £50+k a yr , or you can't do maths, which is it?
I agree I haven't mentioned that the figure I was thinking of is before tax and if someone is trying to question my math skills. Assuming we will be entitled to 47 weeks of back dated pay rise. I doubt anything will be done by the end of January. Taking into consideration only basic pay + delivery supplement I'd be entitled to £697.17 gross with overtime added to it I am sure it will be near a 4 digit figure.
Still not sure if the whole thing is worth a vote as there are so many undisclosed important details regarding our future at Royal Mail.
You'll need to have done around 950 hours OT. At an average of about 20 hours per week over 47 weeks.
They can make the deliveries as big as they want. Give me 5000 houses. I have a start time and finish time. I really can’t understand why so many people just don’t get it??
Do you really think the business is going to be satisfied with a start time/ finish time mentality?
If the tools say you can do those 5000 houses why aren't you doing them?
Are you lazy or just incapable?
For years we've been protected because the NCI process is unwealdy and a procedural minefield, It's obvious from the negotiators document that the business wants to replace that with a much more streamlined route out of the door.
Is this one of the 24 talking points yet to be negotiated?
What most of us "get" is that the status quo won't last forever whether it's this agreement or the next and the days of us deciding what we're capable of doing in a shift are fast dissappearing.
Honestly even though I will be entitled to possibly a four figure payment or very near it I am not too sure if we should vote for it.
So you reckon you earn £50+k a yr , or you can't do maths, which is it?
I agree I haven't mentioned that the figure I was thinking of is before tax and if someone is trying to question my math skills. Assuming we will be entitled to 47 weeks of back dated pay rise. I doubt anything will be done by the end of January. Taking into consideration only basic pay + delivery supplement I'd be entitled to £697.17 gross with overtime added to it I am sure it will be near a 4 digit figure.
Still not sure if the whole thing is worth a vote as there are so many undisclosed important details regarding our future at Royal Mail.
You'll need to have done around 950 hours OT. At an average of about 20 hours per week over 47 weeks.
I will be entirely honest with you I have not calculated exactly hours I have already done and will have done by the time the payment is processed. Although I am often doing loads of hours it will be on average less than 20hours per week. I must admit although it won't be a four figure payment still quite a lot over quoted £380 ish or whatever the figure was.
The point is however is it worth sacrificing our t&c's for it?
i cant believe that some people are trying to work out the back pay in this farce of an agreement , lets see if your still happy or slagging the cwu off a few months down the line when the company start taking deliverys out due to scanning in and out and revivions , or and making deliverys bigger and jobs will go
I've mentioned this before, but jobs will go, technology will ensure that whether it's more advanced sorting machines removing the need for staff or pda's and telemetry telling RM where savings can be made.
Reading another post on here it appears the agreement guarantees no compulsory redundancies until 2023, that's not that far away. The CWU needs to be on top of this and ensure that, where needed, evr's are available.
If we end up with compulsory redundancies there's a good chance of last in first out as RM will want it done as cheaply as possible.
It's not always about saving jobs, it's also about managing the losses.
It's the first I've heard of getting the backdated pay including overtime hours worked..
So it's based on contracted hours and any extra overtime?
The pay rise applies to virtually every element of your pay.
Our union rep usually says to vote no to the pay agreements but this time, based on the percentage being so high and other professions receiving no pay rise, he has recommended voted yes.
Personally I would say vote no but " Forrest Gump " so we all know it will be a yes vote.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.