ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

payrise backpay question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

wacko74 wrote: ↑
02 Jan 2021, 04:43
rambo1 wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2021, 20:32
I don't think there are many if any jobs out there like ours for £12/hr .That's not tough, just honest. Life is tough anyway. Too many just want stuff handed to them on a plate.
I'm convinced responses like this are from management,
I am not, and who cares if it is anyway, managers can post on here, everyone is welcome.

The response was after someone called them fat, after that it was a mild if abrupt response and fully within the rules.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
doob
Posts: 61
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 21:52
Gender: Male

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by doob »

My take home pay is close to £10 an hour. I know I have a few extra deductions with pension/ extra holiday but if u are getting lots more than that then please tell me how?
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by Woody Guthrie »

The money isn't fantastic,as a flat basic it's reasonable given the type of job it is.
The overtime rate is very poor.

If you work 10+ hours overtime a week it's quite easy to be "out-earned" by a lot of jobs on poorer hourly rates but a decent overtime agreement like time and a half or double time.

At the end of the day you should never be satisfied by what you sell your services for, that's a working class mentality drummed into us by rich people who are never satisfied by what they earn.

Take a tip from Oliver Twist, always ask for more because the guy with the big bowl always eats better than you.
Only dead fish follow the current
JKSmudge
Posts: 395
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
Gender: Male

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by JKSmudge »

Assume we don't get it until near end of Feb and you only do 38 hours per week.....

47 x 38 x 11.62 x0.027 x 0.68 = £381.03

that gives a rough idea of how much extra you take home that week.

I have calculated at basic rate not including any allowances.
blacov
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by blacov »

I have also a question. Does the pay rise apply to delivery supplement? I believe it is currently paid £25.60 a week? I noticed that all the above calculations didn't include the delivery supplement. Surely the back dated pay rise should apply to it too.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by Woody Guthrie »

1. A 2.7% pay increase payable effective from April 2020. This will be applied to base pay rates or salary and flow through to overtime, scheduled attendance, basic pay supplements, functional supplements and allowances (except RRIS, legacy and reserved right payments), skills and unsocial hours’ allowances, London weighting and Scottish Distant Islands allowance.
Delivery Supplement is a functional supplement.
Only dead fish follow the current
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by rambo1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑
02 Jan 2021, 08:24
k979aaa wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2021, 20:16
rambo1 wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2021, 20:10
k979aaa wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2021, 19:59
It is very easy to accept money who would not it is what YOU have to do for it not once but forever more think long and hard before you vote for your future.
You will have to work from your start time to your finish time and have a couple of paid breaks along the way. What's the problem. Go out there and get £12/hr for no stress if you want or can do.
That's a tough response from you have you had too many chocolate biscuits today already? by the way does the fat make the stress go away? maybe you should help your staff instead of calling them!
completely uncalled for - it is not acceptable to body shame anyone, even when you disagree with their position. I would expect more from someone who has been on here for such a long time.
Hey no offence taken I'm actually an athlete with 10% body fat and wouldn't touch a chocolate biscuit either. Lol. Thanks for sticking up for me though.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by rambo1 »

rambo1 wrote: ↑
02 Jan 2021, 16:56
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑
02 Jan 2021, 08:24
k979aaa wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2021, 20:16
rambo1 wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2021, 20:10
k979aaa wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2021, 19:59
It is very easy to accept money who would not it is what YOU have to do for it not once but forever more think long and hard before you vote for your future.
You will have to work from your start time to your finish time and have a couple of paid breaks along the way. What's the problem. Go out there and get £12/hr for no stress if you want or can do.
That's a tough response from you have you had too many chocolate biscuits today already? by the way does the fat make the stress go away? maybe you should help your staff instead of calling them!
completely uncalled for - it is not acceptable to body shame anyone, even when you disagree with their position. I would expect more from someone who has been on here for such a long time.
Hey no offence taken I'm actually an athlete with 10% body fat and wouldn't touch a chocolate biscuit either. Lol. Thanks for sticking up for me though.
Oh and I'm not a manager either , I just think it's a fair wage for anyone with no qualifications to be earning thats all. The job is as stressing as you make it. Rush around cutting corners and you probably will see it as exhausting and stressful.
smileski
Posts: 185
Joined: 16 Aug 2007, 17:38

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by smileski »

The end of January will mean around 44 weeks backpay.
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by FirstPost »

smileski wrote: ↑
02 Jan 2021, 18:47
The end of January will mean around 44 weeks backpay.
from what date?
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

FirstPost wrote: ↑
02 Jan 2021, 18:51
smileski wrote: ↑
02 Jan 2021, 18:47
The end of January will mean around 44 weeks backpay.
from what date?
1st April ish.
blacov
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by blacov »

Honestly even though I will be entitled to possibly a four figure payment or very near it I am not too sure if we should vote for it.
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

blacov wrote: ↑
02 Jan 2021, 19:13
Honestly even though I will be entitled to possibly a four figure payment or very near it I am not too sure if we should vote for it.
You do 30 odd hours OT per week?
the mad woman
Posts: 178
Joined: 20 May 2007, 13:37

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by the mad woman »

anybody know when the vote is going to be
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: payrise backpay question

Post by rambo1 »

blacov wrote: ↑
02 Jan 2021, 19:13
Honestly even though I will be entitled to possibly a four figure payment or very near it I am not too sure if we should vote for it.
So you reckon you earn £50+k a yr , or you can't do maths, which is it?