I once covered a round the day after the duty holder who’d marked on a P739 where he was doing D2Ds for (#288 to #342). He then accidentally posted the P739 through #342 door. She caught hold of me the next day, it was absolute hell trying to 1. Figure out what he’d done (I didn’t know he wrote himself a D2D reminder) and 2. Try to explain to old Edna what it meant.NewPostieUK wrote: ↑27 Dec 2020, 23:39We aren't meant to do this as cards inevitably end up being posted and confused customers turn up at the delivery office expecting a parcel.PAClark543 wrote: ↑17 Dec 2020, 20:43I'm a new postie and was trained to put a card in when there is a parcel. Works for me as I never run out of cards on a walk.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Square peg in a round hole
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
The training in this company is laughable if ant at all,they give you a map and a pda and keys and off you go,that’s what I had when got sent out to another office following a bumper scuff of an rtc and the town guys wouldn’t go despite bathe boss telling them to,brilliant,ended up working to my time and bringing behalf it back,and being told I thought you would have delivered all that,well you thought bwrong my friend,this isn’t my office,I haven’t a clue.nothing in place to train people a bit so they have a bit of a clue to do a certain delivery if they need to,
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
Yes the training is a joke now. When i started i had a full 6 day week of training and induction and 3 days were in the classroom. I also had an easy 'training' walk of about 280 houses, all single slots and a bike to get round on. Those were the days.