Ive always walked to the front of the queue, our transaction is going to be very quick and imo is a priority. If they told me to go back in the queue then like you id write the 739.
Out of interest, what do you write on the P739 card ie. refused , inaccessible etc?
[/quote]
When I did it that one time I just filled it in as no answe - after all they wouldn’t answer to me other than to say join the queue. I’ve often wondered if they then put in a complaint about what I’d done.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
Finding missorted parcels in your york and handing them to the guy who’s rushing out the door only for them to moan at you as if it’s your fault - don’t come in early then you knob!
I have this most days. Even had one woman having a real go at me saying I shouldn’t be handing her missorted parcels at this time, when I said I’d only come in 10mins before she said I should come in earlier then...for free. No love, next time I’ll just put them on your frame after you’ve gone and you can have a phone call from the manager asking you to return to pick them up.
I also get wound up with them getting an annoyed at me... blame your fellow full time sorters, not me!
I don’t get wound up too much anymore, just play them at their own game...don’t want me to pop to their frame to hand them the missorted tracks? No problem I’ll put them on IPS so the manager finds them later and rings them up. Not my problem!
I pride myself on being polite and respectful but when someone who’s on the same level as me is rude or talks down to me I just play the game.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
Low letter boxes.
Dogs that bite and snatch.
Aggressive customers
Cold weather
Hot weather
Lack of WCs
Ring Doorbells
D2D
Steep stairs
High letter boxes Boxes on the wall especially at flats.
Sideways letter boxes
Sharp letterboxes
Walking 12 miles
Not an easy job.
i f***ing love them. it means i don't have to fart arse around if I can't buzz myself in or nobody answers. and more often than not around the loops I cover, i get a wall mounted box and it takes care of most of the mail in the loop.
When its snowing and you've been trudging around in it for hours and you are absolutely knackered and then some little **** starts throwing snowballs at you and laughing at you.
Yep people saying “you’re late!” and I want to say you do it then and see if you can do it faster!
Also those blasted new doors where they say “I know...we’ll get one of letterboxes on the ground cos that will really help our posty”
When anyone says "you're late". I always reply "What time am I supposed to be here". Followed by doing that part of my delivery last for a couple of weeks for good measure.
Yorkies of packets that come with cardboard sleeves. My back is slowly becoming more and more knackered
Just be glad that we've not started sending packets out to DOs in pallets. It's probably only a matter of time before we'll have to
If it happens, it happens. Can't be any worse for my back than this is so far
If the outhouses, packet hubs or RDCs send us any double stacked pallets, we'll be sending them straight back to them as we've no longer got a fork lift. I believe we've also no longer got any motorised pallet trucks (not seen them about the MC for ages)
Yorkies of packets that come with cardboard sleeves. My back is slowly becoming more and more knackered
Just be glad that we've not started sending packets out to DOs in pallets. It's probably only a matter of time before we'll have to
We even had dsa mags come into our mc last week in the old cages an recieve packets daily in cardboard pallets.
Has your MC got either a fork lift or electric pallet trucks? We've only got manual pallet trucks. AFAIK we've not got a fork lift or any electric pallet trucks
Yorkies of packets that come with cardboard sleeves. My back is slowly becoming more and more knackered
Just be glad that we've not started sending packets out to DOs in pallets. It's probably only a matter of time before we'll have to
We even had dsa mags come into our mc last week in the old cages an recieve packets daily in cardboard pallets.
Has your MC got either a fork lift or electric pallet trucks? We've only got manual pallet trucks. AFAIK we've not got a fork lift or any electric pallet trucks