It’s an absolute nightmare. Can’t wait till it’s over in 3 weeks.
Apart from there being not many if any Xmas cards after Xmas it won't be over in 3 weeks as you'll have all the boxing day and new years sales. Also I think we can all be near certain that there'll be another national lockdown in the new year
Managers think our Combi van is a Tardis !!!
Thinks I can get 80 large parcels and 16 bags and 2 trolleys in the van.
No large parcel Hire vans in our Delivery Office this year , Absolute Joke.
Just take what I can in the alloted time.............their problem
Why do people run round like headless chickens? Do you get a bonus if it is cleared? Do they think more of you? Or is it because you get such a great wage? We have had 3 long term delivery staff leave this month. All under 40 and served more than 20 years. I’ve not known that before in all my 37 years.
Cos they haven’t got the stones to go tell the DOM they’re cutting off and they’re worried about having to deliver whatever they’ve brought back the next day. People need to wake up and realise RM don’t give a s**t about us, we’re just a number to them and they’ll squeeze everything they can get out of you! Just work your hours and let it pile up. Why help them out by running around like headless chickens to complete when they treat us like scum?
Managers think our Combi van is a Tardis !!!
Thinks I can get 80 large parcels and 16 bags and 2 trolleys in the van.
No large parcel Hire vans in our Delivery Office this year , Absolute Joke.
Just take what I can in the alloted time.............their problem
At our place we've got 10 hire vans, and 2 parcel drivers per section leaving 4 spare. They are still expecting people in combis to fit all the mail and the oversize which aren't deemed big enough by parcel drivers into them meaning some having to come back to pick stuff up they can't fit in while the parcel drivers are taking a York of parcels out then coming back to get another area! Makes no sense , they should give the bigger vans to the ones who need them not to the ones who think they are entitled to them because they are nice and new and have heated seats
But no body should be on leave now till xmas so there should be staff spare.
Should be but our office was on skeleton staff going into this mess. Loads have left over the last couple of months due to the workload and pressure off our managers. Our part timers all have the hump as well as they didn’t get made up for Xmas so half of them are only working their 5 and abit hours. Agency are in but there’s no vans for them until people get back and by that time there’s only an hour and abits worth of light left and they dont know where they are going so I don’t understand the point of that either.
But no body should be on leave now till xmas so there should be staff spare.
Should be but our office was on skeleton staff going into this mess. Loads have left over the last couple of months due to the workload and pressure off our managers. Our part timers all have the hump as well as they didn’t get made up for Xmas so half of them are only working their 5 and abit hours. Agency are in but there’s no vans for them until people get back and by that time there’s only an hour and abits worth of light left and they dont know where they are going so I don’t understand the point of that either.
That sounds delightful. Our office is bad, there are 30% of walks not going out and packets piling up on some frames, but doesn't sound as bad as yours. We have resorted to letters every other day, half the walk one day, other half the next, and do tracked plus as many other pkts as you can....and I'm still going 2,3 sometimes 4 hrs over.
Why didn’t you finish 15 minutes before your time and take what you had left back with you? No need to go 45 minutes over. You are your own worst enemy. Sorry.
Its about time some of your lot woke up, just refuse to take anymore than I'm capable of taking, if I'm made to take to much I'll just take it back, your not doing yourself any favours rushing around trying to complete, your making a rod for your own back in the future, managers are only interested in one thing that's getting the mail out the door so it makes them look good, managers should never expect us to do anything that they couldn't do but we all no they do.
Its about time some of your lot woke up, just refuse to take anymore than I'm capable of taking, if I'm made to take to much I'll just take it back, your not doing yourself any favours rushing around trying to complete, your making a rod for your own back in the future, managers are only interested in one thing that's getting the mail out the door so it makes them look good, managers should never expect us to do anything that they couldn't do but we all no they do.
Its about time some of your lot woke up, just refuse to take anymore than I'm capable of taking, if I'm made to take to much I'll just take it back, your not doing yourself any favours rushing around trying to complete, your making a rod for your own back in the future, managers are only interested in one thing that's getting the mail out the door so it makes them look good, managers should never expect us to do anything that they couldn't do but we all no they do.
I never rush around. That's just silly and quite frankly dangerous in the wet/dark. I'll work till 6pm ish and get as much done as I can but it's a hopeless task to even try and clear every day so why bother. I explain to my customers just how it is and 90% of them understand and just accept the mail may be late and packets might not be with them for a few days. They also appreciate what I do unlike managers and I get paid for it, I don't give a minute of my time for free, always claim the appropriate meal relief for the days hrs. it's actually less pressure once you get accustomed to the fact you won't clear every day.