ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CW who ?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
CW who ?
The vast majority of posties are paid up members of the CWU as an insurance policy to prevent them losing their job if a error is made at work either accidental or even not their fault. The CWU have never managed to stop RM implementing changes except where they were impossible to achieve or just plain ridiculous such as the bench merging concept. Working conditions have been steadily degraded over the twenty three years I have been a postie and still it continues. The amount of advertising mail is currently increasing and the Times newspaper supposedly reported the other day there will be a 180 million profit in RM this year but the RM bosses are still pleading poverty.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
CW who ?
Ha Ha, hello mate, best you get back inside, it's dangerous out here!dvbuk55 wrote:Well it's five years since I retired and I must say that nothing seems to have changed with the union, everything's a good deal but I'm still left wondering for who?
Stay safe, and make sure matron washes her hands regularly.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
CW who ?
Are you guys are aware that an update about the dispute was put in the dispute forum by Martin Walsh, it's a long running thread...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 69&t=97986" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 69&t=97986" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CW who ?
Well I'll be 75 next year postman so the bed baths are getting more frequent
and I'm only allowed out under strict supervision these days and with a label round my neck with my address on. I certainly miss the sparring on here with dingo who I assume has moved on to greater things within the union hierarchy. Speaking to the many postmen I come across on my walks with the dog I gather that the postal world has gone to pot in a rather big way and I truly sympathise.
-
rollsnoyce
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 02 Feb 2016, 22:36
- Gender: Male
CW who ?
Is this the same CW that was going to sort out workload issues from a ballot 6 years ago.Its strange how area reps come crawling to small rual offices when they want your support for a strike but then you never see them when theres local issues to sort out.
-
thedonkey
- Posts: 141
- Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:57
- Gender: Male
CW who ?
You have nailed it. Any company that pays it CEO millions of pounds only has one major problem to solve and that don't pay millions to one man when the company needs millions to keep going.Murdoch wrote:To me, this "you should just be fortunate to still have a job" narrative, is the most "loony" thing I've read in this thread.
I think the country should feel lucky that we're still providing a service. We all should feel lucky that key workers are still keeping the country going.
For much of the year, almost 10 million of the country's workers were being "subsidised" by the government to sit at home in complete safety, and do literally nothing, many of them being paid more than most key workers. I'd consider that quite a "loony" situation, a government that values non-essential workers by paying them 30 grand a year to sit at home and do nothing, more than it values its key workers.
We didn't even get offered as much as a tax break, we just got the warm fuzzy feeling of still being allowed to have a job, and the patronising, "well at least you still have a job" pat on the back. And of course, post covid, will be the inevitable cuts to the service, our T&Cs, and the lovely tax rises to pay for government's disastrous running of the nation's finances.
It's amazing how many people will not only will3ingly bend over, but then thank them afterwards, and just be grateful for the experience.
-
Parmyarmy25
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 19:39
- Gender: Male