ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is your office a complete shambles?
-
wazer
- Posts: 357
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Is your office a complete shambles?
wait till January, we will b collectin all those lovely returns
-
PorkPie
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 07 Feb 2011, 23:14
- Gender: Male
Is your office a complete shambles?
Coming from an office that clears 100% on a daily basis I am amazed at some of the comments I read on here .. yes, we all have gripes .. concerns .. frustrations .. at some of what we witness but the more I read the more I consider myself very fortunate to work where I do given the chaotic description of daily life in some offices that I've read about on here .. I make no apologies for loving my job .. there is nothing quite like clearing a fully loaded van and driving back into the yard empty with nothing returned ( that's rural rounds for you ) and I treat each day as a new challenge .. but even with my optimistic outlook I am concerned for what's heading our way over the next few weeks .. I strongly believe ( stating the bleeding obvious ) that we're about to be hit with a tidal wave of packets, the like of which we've never seen before and I'm far from convinced we're ready in terms of staffing levels and van capacity .. the fact that I've already been told "we can supply you with a head torch" does not bode well, does it ? .. and if I'm concerned about our office capability I wouldn't know where to start to offer words of comfort to some of the posters on here 
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Is your office a complete shambles?
Delivering after dark! Already done it for the last week or so!
!
!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Is your office a complete shambles?
I too work in an office that clears 100% all the time....or did until April.PorkPie wrote:Coming from an office that clears 100% on a daily basis I am amazed at some of the comments I read on here .. yes, we all have gripes .. concerns .. frustrations .. at some of what we witness but the more I read the more I consider myself very fortunate to work where I do given the chaotic description of daily life in some offices that I've read about on here .. I make no apologies for loving my job .. there is nothing quite like clearing a fully loaded van and driving back into the yard empty with nothing returned ( that's rural rounds for you ) and I treat each day as a new challenge .. but even with my optimistic outlook I am concerned for what's heading our way over the next few weeks .. I strongly believe ( stating the bleeding obvious ) that we're about to be hit with a tidal wave of packets, the like of which we've never seen before and I'm far from convinced we're ready in terms of staffing levels and van capacity .. the fact that I've already been told "we can supply you with a head torch" does not bode well, does it ? .. and if I'm concerned about our office capability I wouldn't know where to start to offer words of comfort to some of the posters on here
Yesterday was the actually the busiest day i've ever seen, i did not deliver a single letter spent the whole day delivering oversized and tracked parcels but sill left 4 packet bags of non tracked items.
Theres other guys who had even more than me.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Is your office a complete shambles?
Busiest I've ever seen too yesterday. Not even black Friday yet. Only way to cope I reckon will be either packet drivers or mail going out alternate days.yubin282 wrote:I too work in an office that clears 100% all the time....or did until April.PorkPie wrote:Coming from an office that clears 100% on a daily basis I am amazed at some of the comments I read on here .. yes, we all have gripes .. concerns .. frustrations .. at some of what we witness but the more I read the more I consider myself very fortunate to work where I do given the chaotic description of daily life in some offices that I've read about on here .. I make no apologies for loving my job .. there is nothing quite like clearing a fully loaded van and driving back into the yard empty with nothing returned ( that's rural rounds for you ) and I treat each day as a new challenge .. but even with my optimistic outlook I am concerned for what's heading our way over the next few weeks .. I strongly believe ( stating the bleeding obvious ) that we're about to be hit with a tidal wave of packets, the like of which we've never seen before and I'm far from convinced we're ready in terms of staffing levels and van capacity .. the fact that I've already been told "we can supply you with a head torch" does not bode well, does it ? .. and if I'm concerned about our office capability I wouldn't know where to start to offer words of comfort to some of the posters on here
Yesterday was the actually the busiest day i've ever seen, i did not deliver a single letter spent the whole day delivering oversized and tracked parcels but sill left 4 packet bags of non tracked items.
Theres other guys who had even more than me.
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Is your office a complete shambles?
Massive failure at mine today. Guaranteed delivery parcels and specials failed. Sad day.
Even sadder that upper management do not care.
We can't even clear the office in mid November so God help us for black Friday and Christmas.
Even sadder that upper management do not care.
We can't even clear the office in mid November so God help us for black Friday and Christmas.
-
wazer
- Posts: 357
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Is your office a complete shambles?
ours not clear since the start of covid. Don't help different managers eveymonth.Our office already crashed so God help us over the next couple of months. Moral already low as we all have been battered and still no thanks. Imagine if RM stopped like most buisnesses, country would go on stop.
-
col456xyz
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 17:24
Is your office a complete shambles?
Hit 43,500 track items alone this week
A large increase from 18,000 at same week last year’
We cant cope
A large increase from 18,000 at same week last year’
We cant cope
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Is your office a complete shambles?
MC or DO?col456xyz wrote:Hit 43,500 track items alone this week
A large increase from 18,000 at same week last year’
We cant cope
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Is your office a complete shambles?
Yours could be one of the largest DOs in the country (how many walks?). I've heard that over the main Xmas pressure we're expecting triple what we'd normally get on a very busy day. My gut feeling is that it'll actually be 4 or 5 times the amount and that we might get the odd day with 100k+
Won't be that long before the amount of foreign SDs goes through the roof
Won't be that long before the amount of foreign SDs goes through the roof
-
col456xyz
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 17:24
Re: Is your office a complete shambles?
Think its about 3rd largest do
Stockton on tees
Approx 180 walks
Stockton on tees
Approx 180 walks
-
elteleltel
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 17:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hertfordshire
Re: Is your office a complete shambles?
We cleared daily until April , not anymore .
Last 7 weeks my round has failed on my day off , many others the same.
Worked day off this week to clear it as double days are very tiring , I doubt I'll have time to deliver more than half a round of letters when it really kicks off
Last 7 weeks my round has failed on my day off , many others the same.
Worked day off this week to clear it as double days are very tiring , I doubt I'll have time to deliver more than half a round of letters when it really kicks off
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Is your office a complete shambles?
I hear what youre saying, and im glad youre still in a managable situation, what happens in a lot of these other offices though is that you have deliveries which run it close to the clock on a "normal" day and even then some deliveries which will over run on these type of days, With the amount of traffic there has been in the past few weeks and what will be coming up - its just impossible to cope. The deliveries that could normally get just about done are now failing at huge amounts as nothing is done to resolve the problems, the cut off mail is left to next day and the problems then escalate, it becomes so hard to keep a track of all the packages that build up for even 1 loop after a few days.PorkPie wrote: ↑13 Nov 2020, 21:37Coming from an office that clears 100% on a daily basis I am amazed at some of the comments I read on here .. yes, we all have gripes .. concerns .. frustrations .. at some of what we witness but the more I read the more I consider myself very fortunate to work where I do given the chaotic description of daily life in some offices that I've read about on here .. I make no apologies for loving my job .. there is nothing quite like clearing a fully loaded van and driving back into the yard empty with nothing returned
RM needs to take drastic action and really they seem very slow to respond to anything at all, i dread to see how the next 6 weeks will go, with all the reliance on internet shopping and families sending gifts to each other we could see the type of chaos we have never seen or imagined before. A lot of offices probably need a 25%+ increase in staff and vans to cope and theres many logistical reasons why this is impossible in many areas.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Is your office a complete shambles?
For the first time ever we have 3 casuals in our DO, probably need about 10.Postie45 wrote: ↑18 Nov 2020, 05:58I hear what youre saying, and im glad youre still in a managable situation, what happens in a lot of these other offices though is that you have deliveries which run it close to the clock on a "normal" day and even then some deliveries which will over run on these type of days, With the amount of traffic there has been in the past few weeks and what will be coming up - its just impossible to cope. The deliveries that could normally get just about done are now failing at huge amounts as nothing is done to resolve the problems, the cut off mail is left to next day and the problems then escalate, it becomes so hard to keep a track of all the packages that build up for even 1 loop after a few days.PorkPie wrote: ↑13 Nov 2020, 21:37Coming from an office that clears 100% on a daily basis I am amazed at some of the comments I read on here .. yes, we all have gripes .. concerns .. frustrations .. at some of what we witness but the more I read the more I consider myself very fortunate to work where I do given the chaotic description of daily life in some offices that I've read about on here .. I make no apologies for loving my job .. there is nothing quite like clearing a fully loaded van and driving back into the yard empty with nothing returned
RM needs to take drastic action and really they seem very slow to respond to anything at all, i dread to see how the next 6 weeks will go, with all the reliance on internet shopping and families sending gifts to each other we could see the type of chaos we have never seen or imagined before. A lot of offices probably need a 25%+ increase in staff and vans to cope and theres many logistical reasons why this is impossible in many areas.