So,what are we saying here? The postal service should have ceased in April? You actually think that was an option?yubin282 wrote:A real union wouldn't have allowed us to be at work in the first place.worktotime wrote:who cares ? , as the company will do and get everything they want anyway , all the cwu will do is just polish a turd and make it look good to the members , are they still in talks with the company by the way ? or are they all working from home and away from this f***ing virus ? and waiting to get through the car crash called xmas on top of everything else .Cedar_Room wrote:I must admit,I find all this “look at me,I’ve left the union...yippeee” nonsense a bit sickening. Do you not realise you are playing straight into RM’s hands?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
cwu fees
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
cwu fees
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
cwu fees
What's so important about it?Cedar_Room wrote:So,what are we saying here? The postal service should have ceased in April? You actually think that was an option?yubin282 wrote:A real union wouldn't have allowed us to be at work in the first place.worktotime wrote:who cares ? , as the company will do and get everything they want anyway , all the cwu will do is just polish a turd and make it look good to the members , are they still in talks with the company by the way ? or are they all working from home and away from this f***ing virus ? and waiting to get through the car crash called xmas on top of everything else .Cedar_Room wrote:I must admit,I find all this “look at me,I’ve left the union...yippeee” nonsense a bit sickening. Do you not realise you are playing straight into RM’s hands?
Why would the general public presume we are working when there's a global pandemic and half the nation is furloughed?
Our lives are surely more important than a shitload of parcels.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
cwu fees
The point is both members and non members have to accept the same upside and downside from negotiations so it's a silly point to say they should refuse negotiated pay rises unless they get to be exempt from the strings that come with them.Cedar_Room wrote:I usually enjoy your posts,but come on,that is a pretty weak responseWoody Guthrie wrote:The thing about having no say though is that it works both ways.chickenwittle wrote:I take it all of you that opt out of the union will refuse any pay rises negotiated in the future ?
You can't argue that non members should refuse union negotiated pay rises when they're forced to accept union negotiated changes to their terms and conditions.
Can non-members go back to two and a half hour deliveries and a 9am finish on a Saturday because if they can I might just leave the union myself.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
pex
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 19:02
- Gender: Male
cwu fees
I applaud the union for their historic hand in obtaining the present pay scale, but the RM working practices coveted by the union are way out of date and lead to
many of the problems that affect staff and breed discontent.
One example is easier/shorter walks close to the office selected by seniority is archaic, Walks should be rotated every 3 months then we would perhaps see more balanced frames
when the favoured old hands have to do a real days work.
The union should be negotiating for the workers rights/terms but the label always used is fighting not negotiating. You need a win win for both parties when negotiating but as usual all the union flannel you hear is about the wicked management trying to keep us down, classic divide and conquer. We need to work together to improve the working environment but I don't see this a lot or hear of anything the union is doing to improve our lot.
many of the problems that affect staff and breed discontent.
One example is easier/shorter walks close to the office selected by seniority is archaic, Walks should be rotated every 3 months then we would perhaps see more balanced frames
when the favoured old hands have to do a real days work.
The union should be negotiating for the workers rights/terms but the label always used is fighting not negotiating. You need a win win for both parties when negotiating but as usual all the union flannel you hear is about the wicked management trying to keep us down, classic divide and conquer. We need to work together to improve the working environment but I don't see this a lot or hear of anything the union is doing to improve our lot.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
cwu fees
Usually end up with a promotion.worktotime wrote:i do have a back bone , i start on time and finish on time everyday and thats not a problem for me , and as for the grievance procedure its not worth the paper it is written on , as they are kept in house so nothing is done , how many managers do you know have been sacked from the back of one of these ?weary_posty wrote:The union aren’t the problem. You can’t blame the union if you don’t have a backbone to stick up for yourself. Unmanageable workload? WORK YOUR TIME & TAKE YOUR BREAK.
Bullying and harassment? STICK IN A GRIEVANCE.
Is it happening because you keep cutting off? LAUGH IT OFF.
At the end of the day you are treated as a number so treat the job as a number. 38, 35, 30, 25? They’re hours. Work up to them and then go home, switch off and forget about work until your start time the next morning.
In all seriousness, one of the most nastiest managers I ever came across, found out other day hes now a DSM. Now I know hes had dozens of grievances put in against him. Obviously nothing came of them.
Probably part of reason why many are fed up with CWU.
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
cwu fees
I'de like to make a point about our pay rate and the union supposedly being responsible for it being so "good".
I was with RM for 20 years and returned after a short break as I did enjoy the job.
Back then the hourly wasn't that much less than it is now, maybe £7.50 an hour.
Add in a fair chunk of inflation, the fact that double time Saturday is gone, time and a quarter o/t is gone, d2d payment replaced with a lesser amount (before anyone shouts I am aware the delivery supplement is nothing to do with d2d- either way delivery staff were well and truly shafted on that score), driving allowances gone, probably others all in the name of this fantastic hourly rate we have now.
Now I'm sorry, but from where I'm sitting this union hasn't negotiated anything other than bad deal after bad deal over the last 5-10 years.
Tin hat on, I came out of the union when we were shafted over something or other else back in the early 90,s, forget what now.
Ever since it strikes me that this union that people on here seem so fond of have folded time and again, all in the name of a couple of hundred bung each time.
So I'll take my pay "rise" each time, and as someone else on here says, will have no say in what I lose at the same time.
My opinion is just my opinion of course, but it comes from someone not afraid of hard work, will do his best for customers, is never off sick, and would genuinely like to see the company thrive, customers get what they pay for, and staff sharing in all the benefits.
This coming from from someone who has seen it all, done it all, got all the t-shirts.
The fact is the company has gone to the wall- I wholeheartedly blame government for privatising it- I'm not saying for one second there didn't need to be efficiencies made, of course there were, but it's now gone too far.
Yes I make some time here and there still, but by God I earn it, and my wage for what it's worth- one might argue our worth should now be properly realised; if this pandemic has taught us anything, it's the hardworking people on the front line that keeps this country ticking over, not the overpaid hedge fund managers, bankers, "experts" in this and that, god forbid anyone working for RM that earn more than the foot soldiers out in all weathers.
I feel better now.
Have a nice day everyone, stay safe.
I was with RM for 20 years and returned after a short break as I did enjoy the job.
Back then the hourly wasn't that much less than it is now, maybe £7.50 an hour.
Add in a fair chunk of inflation, the fact that double time Saturday is gone, time and a quarter o/t is gone, d2d payment replaced with a lesser amount (before anyone shouts I am aware the delivery supplement is nothing to do with d2d- either way delivery staff were well and truly shafted on that score), driving allowances gone, probably others all in the name of this fantastic hourly rate we have now.
Now I'm sorry, but from where I'm sitting this union hasn't negotiated anything other than bad deal after bad deal over the last 5-10 years.
Tin hat on, I came out of the union when we were shafted over something or other else back in the early 90,s, forget what now.
Ever since it strikes me that this union that people on here seem so fond of have folded time and again, all in the name of a couple of hundred bung each time.
So I'll take my pay "rise" each time, and as someone else on here says, will have no say in what I lose at the same time.
My opinion is just my opinion of course, but it comes from someone not afraid of hard work, will do his best for customers, is never off sick, and would genuinely like to see the company thrive, customers get what they pay for, and staff sharing in all the benefits.
This coming from from someone who has seen it all, done it all, got all the t-shirts.
The fact is the company has gone to the wall- I wholeheartedly blame government for privatising it- I'm not saying for one second there didn't need to be efficiencies made, of course there were, but it's now gone too far.
Yes I make some time here and there still, but by God I earn it, and my wage for what it's worth- one might argue our worth should now be properly realised; if this pandemic has taught us anything, it's the hardworking people on the front line that keeps this country ticking over, not the overpaid hedge fund managers, bankers, "experts" in this and that, god forbid anyone working for RM that earn more than the foot soldiers out in all weathers.
I feel better now.
Have a nice day everyone, stay safe.
Last edited by Dexydog on 13 Nov 2020, 16:59, edited 3 times in total.
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
cwu fees
Fair enough. I’ll leave it up to all you anti-union chaps to get around the table & negotiate with the RM hierarchy about going back to the old way of working. Job & knock,early Saturday finishes...the good ol’daysWoody Guthrie wrote:The point is both members and non members have to accept the same upside and downside from negotiations so it's a silly point to say they should refuse negotiated pay rises unless they get to be exempt from the strings that come with them.Cedar_Room wrote:I usually enjoy your posts,but come on,that is a pretty weak responseWoody Guthrie wrote:The thing about having no say though is that it works both ways.chickenwittle wrote:I take it all of you that opt out of the union will refuse any pay rises negotiated in the future ?
You can't argue that non members should refuse union negotiated pay rises when they're forced to accept union negotiated changes to their terms and conditions.
Can non-members go back to two and a half hour deliveries and a 9am finish on a Saturday because if they can I might just leave the union myself.
I’ll check back in with you after Xmas,see how you got on!
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
Bazbuz
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 11:59
cwu fees
I don't think a massive yes vote for industrial action is 'hearsay'. Also a ruling against industrial action by a judge is hardly a debacle by the Union.xPandabear1992x wrote:Hearsay at best. Its highly likely the case that the board of directors had enough, and when you add Xmas 2019's debacle to the mix you'll see the only thing the Union did was undermine it's own cause.Bazbuz wrote:If it wasn't for the Union, which is us the actual members, we would still have Rico Back in charge.
-
Wigglypark
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 08:01
- Gender: Male
cwu fees
Yes our lives are more important than a shitload of parcels. So I take it you have not been into work since the pandemic started. Or have you been happy to put your wealth before healthyubin282 wrote:What's so important about it?Cedar_Room wrote:So,what are we saying here? The postal service should have ceased in April? You actually think that was an option?yubin282 wrote:A real union wouldn't have allowed us to be at work in the first place.worktotime wrote:who cares ? , as the company will do and get everything they want anyway , all the cwu will do is just polish a turd and make it look good to the members , are they still in talks with the company by the way ? or are they all working from home and away from this f***ing virus ? and waiting to get through the car crash called xmas on top of everything else .Cedar_Room wrote:I must admit,I find all this “look at me,I’ve left the union...yippeee” nonsense a bit sickening. Do you not realise you are playing straight into RM’s hands?
Why would the general public presume we are working when there's a global pandemic and half the nation is furloughed?
Our lives are surely more important than a shitload of parcels.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
cwu fees
I've been at work every single day never had one day off other than regular days off and holidays.Wigglypark wrote:Yes our lives are more important than a shitload of parcels. So I take it you have not been into work since the pandemic started. Or have you been happy to put your wealth before healthyubin282 wrote:What's so important about it?Cedar_Room wrote:So,what are we saying here? The postal service should have ceased in April? You actually think that was an option?yubin282 wrote:A real union wouldn't have allowed us to be at work in the first place.worktotime wrote:who cares ? , as the company will do and get everything they want anyway , all the cwu will do is just polish a turd and make it look good to the members , are they still in talks with the company by the way ? or are they all working from home and away from this f***ing virus ? and waiting to get through the car crash called xmas on top of everything else .Cedar_Room wrote:I must admit,I find all this “look at me,I’ve left the union...yippeee” nonsense a bit sickening. Do you not realise you are playing straight into RM’s hands?
Why would the general public presume we are working when there's a global pandemic and half the nation is furloughed?
Our lives are surely more important than a shitload of parcels.
About the wealth I work 38 hours per week, that is all. I get offered overtime everday but turn it down.
About the health I'm happy to take precautions (distancing/masks etc), but i think its a waste of time personally but that's just my opinion.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Re: cwu fees
You earn 12.50 an hour or whatever it is because of the union. You think it's bad here with heavy workloads? Try doing a day as an Amazon driver, or in their warehouse on miniumum wage. I suspect you'll find it isn't so bad here.
I do get frustrated with the union, but whatever I or anybody else think of them it's far better to have one. I've made over 30 grand per year in the last three years, that's a good wage for unskilled work. That luxary is afforded by the union.
I do get frustrated with the union, but whatever I or anybody else think of them it's far better to have one. I've made over 30 grand per year in the last three years, that's a good wage for unskilled work. That luxary is afforded by the union.
-
Post_Alone
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 15 Nov 2020, 20:02
- Gender: Female
Re: cwu fees
??????????????????
Last edited by Post_Alone on 05 Feb 2021, 01:43, edited 1 time in total.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: cwu fees
I’ve emailed my removal from the CWU membership@cwu.org asked them if they can refund me from 2018, it will be like a pay rise 
-
darrellsimmons69
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 10 Feb 2021, 15:10
- Gender: Male
Re: cwu fees
Union bosses r on 6 figure salaries! Step up and donate half ur salary 2 BLM and we will build back better

-
Lammed
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 31 Mar 2022, 13:16
- Gender: Male
Re: cwu fees
GRS wrote: ↑12 Nov 2020, 19:34Pchickenwittle wrote:Good luck when you are accused of something you haven’t done or make a genuine mistake and end up being sacked.
Unfortunately that’s a bit misleading nowadays - you’re protected by some pretty strong employment laws in this country. Even in a workplace with no union it’s pretty hard just to dump someone on a fabricated reason or if someone has made a genuine mistake. Mind you that’ll change in time to come as what most people don’t realise is that the laws and rights we have at work come from the EU, so god knows where that will leave employees when these laws get watered down over time.
The union failed me in too many issues. 1st issue H&S left it with the union for 5 months done nothing, I put a grievance straight to PM issue resolved within 7 days.. 2nd issue Equality left without union 3 month done nothing No option so place grievance with shift managers issue resolved in 7 days. 3rd Issue H&S left with Union 9 months they done nothing again. So no option but to place grievance straight with PM the next day health and safety meeting called and agreed equipment required. SO WHAT DO I DO NOW? I FORGET THE UNION AND PUT A GRIEVANCE IN.