ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lapsing rules?

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Lapsing rules?

Post by scoobydo79 »

But where do You draw the line with filtering? Filter out a first class letter because the house is the only one halfway up a public footpath and You could deliver to 5 terraced houses in the time You would take for one?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Lapsing rules?

Post by k979aaa »

scoobydo79 wrote:But where do You draw the line with filtering? Filter out a first class letter because the house is the only one halfway up a public footpath and You could deliver to 5 terraced houses in the time You would take for one?
Management decision you do as your told to do any come backs be it upon their own chicken little heads.
norris9
Posts: 2695
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Lapsing rules?

Post by norris9 »

malawihap wrote:No they don't have time , but it goes on because managers are raking in bonus by covering up the true figures and bullying postman into taking it out. Its rife in RM and will continue to be until more postman stick up for themselves , because as i have found out myself as soon as i go in the office to say i cant complete the answer i get back is " WELL YOUR THE ONLY POSTMAN WHO CANT FINISH AS NO ONE ELSE HAS BEEN IN TO SAY THEY CANT COMPLETE" and then they come out with the daily traffic figures saying the mail is down. They really make it very uncomfortable for you when you challenge them and when your the only one they see you as some sort of troublemaker and it seems like your making a rod for your own back .
I understand what you mean.... I have been in a similar situation under different circumstances. I say I can't do a round because it is too big, what I get in reply from management is simply that I am useless and they force me to take the whole round which is impossible for anyone to complete in time. No matter how much you try to explain to them - they don't listen. And as they don't listen/understand where you are coming from it's like mental torture, enough to make you rage quit the job on the spot.

I am now trying to get myself into a financial position where when the above happens in future I can rage quit and just say - I've had enough - see you later, and proceed to walk out the door.
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Lapsing rules?

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

norris9 wrote:I understand what you mean.... I have been in a similar situation under different circumstances. I say I can't do a round because it is too big, what I get in reply from management is simply that I am useless and they force me to take the whole round which is impossible for anyone to complete in time. No matter how much you try to explain to them - they don't listen. And as they don't listen/understand where you are coming from it's like mental torture, enough to make you rage quit the job on the spot.

I am now trying to get myself into a financial position where when the above happens in future I can rage quit and just say - I've had enough - see you later, and proceed to walk out the door.
So are they giving you a call to ask you how you are getting on and sending someone out to help? If you have been forced to take it all that’s what they should be doing or you just return what’s left over to them at your finish time.

Don’t quit in a rage and don’t rise to it, after they have got the hump with you just repeat the question “what would you like me to do with what I don’t have time to deliver” again and again until you get an answer, make sure you have a witness as well.