That’s the trouble when you get old two things happen one your memory goes and the other????oh s**t I can’t rememberFAB wrote:There is an old ex postie on my round who is about 90 who keeps saying he would jump at the chance of getting back in!Dorset Plodder wrote:Hark at you lot... sounds like something out of Last of the Summer Wine!![]()
We all know this job has turned to shite, it's a shame because it did used to be a very enjoyable job.I don't miss the early bedtimes at 2000 though.
![]()
Whenever I bump into an OLD Postie who starts going on about what a great job it is I just say, "If you haven't been a Postie within the last 10 years ... You haven't got a clue mate"!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
You can now order LED torches!!!
-
panzer4
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 173
- Joined: 25 Jul 2015, 10:58
- Gender: Male
You can now order LED torches!!!
-
neilgg
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 12:38
- Gender: Male
You can now order LED torches!!!
No batteries in the torch that just arrived for me.
-
Downeagle
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 08:30
- Gender: Male
You can now order LED torches!!!
I got one yesterday and no batteries
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
You can now order LED torches!!!
Batteries not included!Downeagle wrote:I got one yesterday and no batteries
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
You can now order LED torches!!!
Sounds about right. You couldn’t make it up could you.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
You can now order LED torches!!!
Years ago you could easily get batteries for your torch now they have to take them from the DOMS back and he will stop working!Grumpyoldmailman wrote:Sounds about right. You couldn’t make it up could you.
-
FAB
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
- Gender: Male
You can now order LED torches!!!
At least without battery's it gets off to a better start. The old bulky torches always had corroded battery's in them!
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
You can now order LED torches!!!
Right then,
I just ordered mine. I still have one of those Royal Mail egg-shaped ones I used for the past couple of winters, but I'll give this newfangled LED flashlight a tryout.
I just ordered mine. I still have one of those Royal Mail egg-shaped ones I used for the past couple of winters, but I'll give this newfangled LED flashlight a tryout.