ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Constant Tiredness, feeling anxious and wanting to transfer.
-
edward918
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Constant Tiredness, feeling anxious and wanting to transfer.
Low and behold: After roughly 3 months of waiting, trying so hard to transfer and being fobbed off, I receive an update from the Manager of the branch which I wish to transfer to, he currently has no more vacancies available. Annoyed isn't even the word to use right now.
. Still, I'm keeping my chin up, checking on Successfactors every day in the hope to see a vacancy available for an office near me.
-
edward918
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Constant Tiredness, feeling anxious and wanting to transfer.
Still pushing for this transfer. Not going to stop trying, even if it kills me

-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Constant Tiredness, feeling anxious and wanting to transfer.
Tell your Union man to tell the DOM you would only like to do your contract hours.
-
edward918
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Constant Tiredness, feeling anxious and wanting to transfer.
Need some advice. Would it be wise to contact the DSM/Operations Manager to get the ball rolling with my transfer? Or even contact HR?? I applied for a vacancy online 2 weeks ago which for some reason got rejected. Now interviews took place today at the office I wish to transfer to today, which I don't find fair at all.
I've been pushing for this opportunity to transfer for nearly 2 years now, as my current office is having a detrimental effect on my mental health. I've made my Managers aware of this, however, they can't transfer me since the DSM isn't allowing them to recruit more staff yet.
Still, I don't think this is fair. Why am still being told to "wait things out", so continue to be unhappy at work for god knows how much longer? Absolutely disgusted and annoyed. I just want answers and more importantly, speak to the right person who has the power to get me out of my current office ASAP.
The Union are aware of this and have been trying their best to get things moving, but to no avail. Really in need of some help before I honestly go insane. Higher Management clearly disregarding someones mental wellbeing at work is NOT on.
I've been pushing for this opportunity to transfer for nearly 2 years now, as my current office is having a detrimental effect on my mental health. I've made my Managers aware of this, however, they can't transfer me since the DSM isn't allowing them to recruit more staff yet.
Still, I don't think this is fair. Why am still being told to "wait things out", so continue to be unhappy at work for god knows how much longer? Absolutely disgusted and annoyed. I just want answers and more importantly, speak to the right person who has the power to get me out of my current office ASAP.
The Union are aware of this and have been trying their best to get things moving, but to no avail. Really in need of some help before I honestly go insane. Higher Management clearly disregarding someones mental wellbeing at work is NOT on.
-
Iknockedtwice
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 28 Jul 2019, 18:57
- Gender: Male
Constant Tiredness, feeling anxious and wanting to transfer.
The reason you were rejected is possibly because the DO you applied for only needs someone for a fixed term, not permanently.
ALL jobs advertised now are fixed term only but if there is a permanent one available you’ll be considered for it.
ALL jobs advertised now are fixed term only but if there is a permanent one available you’ll be considered for it.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Constant Tiredness, feeling anxious and wanting to transfer.
Have you contacted your GP with regards to how you are feeling? Perhaps worthwhile.