ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Goodbye royalmail.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Goodbye royalmail.

Post by CPTNemoUK »

mjd24 wrote:
HA1 wrote:Do people relies that when you sign your contract it’s not for life.

Stop moaning about the job and leave.
What?! Oh gosh, i had no idea that was the case! What an idiot i have been grrr!! Handing in my notice tomorrow and will pick myself a nice new career next week!
I'll let you into a secret. You could just win the lottery tonight :shhhhh :left:
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Goodbye royalmail.

Post by robbertwhitton »

Ad_bee wrote:Good luck and farewell,

I likewise am off in two weeks after 20 years and going sole trader plus 'see what turns-up'.

I was just this morning explaining to my bro' how RM has become with the Covid stuff magnifying the problems and disarray.

Its a shame, since its a good job when the rounds are actually do-able and the management reasonably competant and fair.

But sheeesh!

I won't miss the morning demotivational mass haranguing AKA 'work-time listen and learn'.

Life is for enjoying, not for enduring eh?
I wish you well my friend I have done 38 years and at 58 it’s a gutty slog for some like us oldies,and a piece of cake for the bosses minions,the morale beating and miss management is killing this job and I would go with evr Tomorrow if it was offered,my customers I love to bits,but corner cutting and speed and doing the job incorrectly is the name of the game now,and it’s not for me,
grandypants
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
Gender: Male

Goodbye royalmail.

Post by grandypants »

FAB wrote:
grandypants wrote:Well its been nearly 2 months since i got IHR best thing ever, go out more not having too worry about getting up early, scotland with the boss aka the wife for a weekend and the best thing is not being completley exhausted all the time, so good luck to those who can get out and even more so to the ones left behind dont get me wrong RM have been good to me but the job has changed so much in the 20 years ive been there its unrecognisable now.
How long after going did your energy levels recover? I am thinking of going before the Christmas madness but am concerned that my energy levels not recovering! I still feel completely knackered even on my week/ 2 weeks off. So curious to see how long before the job stresses get out of your system! 62 going on 63 and dreading this winter! Done over 32 years.
I,m 64 and its great I think it only took a couple of week because I realised that I did not have to go back in I think its a state of mind thing knowing that its over, I couldnt face another winter either, just bought a motorhome something we have always wanted, looking forward to some trips away, 32 years you have done your shift get out and enjoy life
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Goodbye royalmail.

Post by postieblueshirt »

robbertwhitton wrote:
Ad_bee wrote:Good luck and farewell,

I likewise am off in two weeks after 20 years and going sole trader plus 'see what turns-up'.

I was just this morning explaining to my bro' how RM has become with the Covid stuff magnifying the problems and disarray.

Its a shame, since its a good job when the rounds are actually do-able and the management reasonably competant and fair.

But sheeesh!

I won't miss the morning demotivational mass haranguing AKA 'work-time listen and learn'.

Life is for enjoying, not for enduring eh?
I wish you well my friend I have done 38 years and at 58 it’s a gutty slog for some like us oldies,and a piece of cake for the bosses minions,the morale beating and miss management is killing this job and I would go with evr Tomorrow if it was offered,my customers I love to bits,but corner cutting and speed and doing the job incorrectly is the name of the game now,and it’s not for me,
One of the reasons I gave up my rural after nearly a decade on it I felt like I had to cut people off,having to explain I have a tracker I cant stop.now on a walk I'm just another postie...but it's way more tiring..
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Goodbye royalmail.

Post by Navalron »

HA1 wrote:Do people relies that when you sign your contract it’s not for life.

Stop moaning about the job and leave.

STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE. :cuppa
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Goodbye royalmail.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

HA1 wrote:Do people relies that when you sign your contract it’s not for life.

Stop moaning about the job and leave.

Do people realise that those who complain about people who complain about things on a forum are either being ironic (doubtful) or do not realise the point of an employment based forum. :arrrghhh

Mind you to keep posting the same message on threads and expecting a different response is symptomatic of ..........

Please stop moaning about people moaning it's getting repetitive and boring.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
twiddledumb
Posts: 143
Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 21:37
Gender: Male

Goodbye royalmail.

Post by twiddledumb »

The stress RM are putting posties under at the moment it's a wonder anyone still works for them. Deadly virus is raging through the country and DOM wants lapsing done and every duty cleared, even with loads on the sick. Comical social distancing and covid prevention in our office, making it not safe to go to work IMO. Is the job really worth it? I'm looking for a new one TBH or might go self employed in the near future. This job is going down the pan IMO. Anyway, good luck in your new career I am sure you will be happier than when working at RM.
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Goodbye royalmail.

Post by postypie »

Ricardo44 wrote:Good luck with your new job CaptNemo. I'm planning my retirement in just over 2 years when i'm 55 and cant wait. The job has changed so much and the company has been ruined by bad management and too many parasites with ridiculous job titles.

Spot on there mate.