ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Do you enjoy your work?
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Do you enjoy your work?
Not a problem I just read the number plate off the front of the logbook & look for that 
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Do you enjoy your work?
All our vans are numbered. But approx 80 vans all around the outside of the building, numbers (and number plates) blocked by other vans...unless you’re Superman I think you might struggle ;-)twoloops wrote:Not a problem I just read the number plate off the front of the logbook & look for that
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Do you enjoy your work?
If they're all in marked bays, why not paint numbers on the bays and have each van allocated to its own parking bay?HTPostman wrote:All our vans are numbered. But approx 80 vans all around the outside of the building, numbers (and number plates) blocked by other vans...unless you’re Superman I think you might struggle ;-)twoloops wrote:Not a problem I just read the number plate off the front of the logbook & look for that
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Do you enjoy your work?
Yes I love my job and take great pride it in. But how I am treated on a temporary contract makes me depressed and worried often. I wish for permanent but it is taking forever
-
xPandabear1992x
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Do you enjoy your work?
they are at mine but that doesn't stop people parking in the wrong bay, or parking in multiple bays, or just flat out parking like s**t.SpacePhoenix wrote:If they're all in marked bays, why not paint numbers on the bays and have each van allocated to its own parking bay?HTPostman wrote:All our vans are numbered. But approx 80 vans all around the outside of the building, numbers (and number plates) blocked by other vans...unless you’re Superman I think you might struggle ;-)twoloops wrote:Not a problem I just read the number plate off the front of the logbook & look for that
posties at my office will park obstructively if it means they'll be able to get out on delivery 5 mins before everyone on their sector.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Do you enjoy your work?
Let their tyres downxPandabear1992x wrote:they are at mine but that doesn't stop people parking in the wrong bay, or parking in multiple bays, or just flat out parking like s**t.SpacePhoenix wrote:If they're all in marked bays, why not paint numbers on the bays and have each van allocated to its own parking bay?HTPostman wrote:All our vans are numbered. But approx 80 vans all around the outside of the building, numbers (and number plates) blocked by other vans...unless you’re Superman I think you might struggle ;-)twoloops wrote:Not a problem I just read the number plate off the front of the logbook & look for that
posties at my office will park obstructively if it means they'll be able to get out on delivery 5 mins before everyone on their sector.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Do you enjoy your work?
k979aaa wrote:Let their tyres down
Now that would upset them .... all that time wasted blowing them back up again! Perhaps they'd be better off parking sensibly next time?
We asked if we could get the parking bays re-painted, as they're still marked up for the Old Combis (and now we've mainly got the larger Peugots). Was told couldn't be done due to Budget Restraints.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Do you enjoy your work?
A question for management.SpacePhoenix wrote:If they're all in marked bays, why not paint numbers on the bays and have each van allocated to its own parking bay?HTPostman wrote:All our vans are numbered. But approx 80 vans all around the outside of the building, numbers (and number plates) blocked by other vans...unless you’re Superman I think you might struggle ;-)twoloops wrote:Not a problem I just read the number plate off the front of the logbook & look for that
To be filed alongside:
-Why doesn’t the rota for the following week go up until the Friday.
-Why can’t flat access codes be printed off and put in the walk log or stapled to the frame.
-Why is there a manager here on circa £32k who’s sole job is to collect trays.
-Why is there someone being paid ghost OT until 11.30pm when there are others going home 2 hours early.
But yes I still enjoy my work :-)
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Do you enjoy your work?
Erm cant say enjoy but it's something I have to do to pay the Bill's dont know how better to explain it.there will be worse jobs but if I won money I would leave if it was enough to keep me lol.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Do you enjoy your work?
I love my job it gave me two kncakerd knees a bad back neck and flat feet a limp and the ability to pontificate debate regurgitate and not least master debate on here well is not life wonderful.
-
summersunshine
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 28 Aug 2011, 15:43
- Gender: Female
Do you enjoy your work?
Well after 42 years I'm off...had enough...weeks notice going in tomorrow...the van sharing was the last straw. Whether it gets overturned or not will not affect my decision. Am too old for all this crap, baby managers who haven't got a clue, all arse lickers looking out for themselves. I'm too bloody old to be putting mine and my elderly, vulnerable, relatives health at risk, the continuous catch up of the backlog, delivering in all weathers, going into offices and shops with people wearing mask as chin warmers and me with only a hand sanitizer and a sodden wet mask as my shields of armour.
EVR has been the dangled carrot for last few years...but as people are leaving in droves, we are short staffed...baby boss said maybe next year?? Aye lad, and maybe next year you'll have grown a pair!!
Eighteen months from retirement age, eighteen months of who knows what may happen??
I'd like to say it's been a real pleasure working for Royal Mail...but it hasn't, in the last 20 years it has gone downhill rapidly and dragged our morale down with it. Life's too short, and mine is getting shorter every day

EVR has been the dangled carrot for last few years...but as people are leaving in droves, we are short staffed...baby boss said maybe next year?? Aye lad, and maybe next year you'll have grown a pair!!
Eighteen months from retirement age, eighteen months of who knows what may happen??
I'd like to say it's been a real pleasure working for Royal Mail...but it hasn't, in the last 20 years it has gone downhill rapidly and dragged our morale down with it. Life's too short, and mine is getting shorter every day
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Do you enjoy your work?
Good luck and farewell and all the best.
-
summersunshine
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 28 Aug 2011, 15:43
- Gender: Female
Do you enjoy your work?
Cheers mate...appreciate that 
-
Mr_P0stie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 16 Aug 2020, 22:27
- Gender: Male
Do you enjoy your work?
Been with RM about 2 years now, still on a P/T contract with no hope of being made up although I start early for prep with F/Ters and do collections whenever I can, I'm pushed from pillar to post without warning every day and with no notice. I'm 25 now and I've had enough, been looking for a new job the last month but because of this covid bollocks I'm stuck. I've worked in a fair number of places since leaving school and I can say with some authority that RM are very poorly managed for such an important service, which is a shame.
When the work loads are fair and I can have my break or not cut off almost every day due to absorptions and an impossible amount of tracked parcels then the jobs fine but all too often am I rushing about for bugger all reward or thanks and am constantly butting heads with my lino and DOM about it.
Think I’m going to look into what the railway has to offer, seems like their union actually does something rather then just talking…
When the work loads are fair and I can have my break or not cut off almost every day due to absorptions and an impossible amount of tracked parcels then the jobs fine but all too often am I rushing about for bugger all reward or thanks and am constantly butting heads with my lino and DOM about it.
Think I’m going to look into what the railway has to offer, seems like their union actually does something rather then just talking…
My postman friend gets really angry when I tell everyone what he does for a living.
I call him a mail escort.
I call him a mail escort.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Do you enjoy your work?
I wish you well and all the best my friend,very well summed up,others will read it and just scoff at it with the stop your moaning routine,in my 38/th year now and at 59 it’s lost it’s enjoyment with the selfish workers who happily cut corners and get away with murder,and never challenged by an incompetent so called manager,who has a tick box money saving point scoring to his boss at the heart of all he does!!!summersunshine wrote:Well after 42 years I'm off...had enough...weeks notice going in tomorrow...the van sharing was the last straw. Whether it gets overturned or not will not affect my decision. Am too old for all this crap, baby managers who haven't got a clue, all arse lickers looking out for themselves. I'm too bloody old to be putting mine and my elderly, vulnerable, relatives health at risk, the continuous catch up of the backlog, delivering in all weathers, going into offices and shops with people wearing mask as chin warmers and me with only a hand sanitizer and a sodden wet mask as my shields of armour.
EVR has been the dangled carrot for last few years...but as people are leaving in droves, we are short staffed...baby boss said maybe next year?? Aye lad, and maybe next year you'll have grown a pair!!
Eighteen months from retirement age, eighteen months of who knows what may happen??
I'd like to say it's been a real pleasure working for Royal Mail...but it hasn't, in the last 20 years it has gone downhill rapidly and dragged our morale down with it. Life's too short, and mine is getting shorter every day![]()