From previous threads on here with the same question, there was always a 2 year limit to come back and you had to prove that your previous problems/ailments had gone.
Good luck
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Returning to work for RM after IHR
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Returning to work for RM after IHR
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Returning to work for RM after IHR
Looks like you've been shot down in Flames Rambo.Queeg500 wrote:rambo1 wrote: Seems a bit like taking the pxxs to accept a lump sum payment for ill health retirement then expect that you can come back to work if you ask me. So you just wanted a couple of yrs paid holidays?
I don't argue with idiots, so our interaction is over, but here are the facts for you:
I was off due to mental health issues. Both my parents died of cancer over an 8 months period, I was trying to manage being their full time carer and work, I suffered severe depression, anxiety as well as other stuff (aka a breakdown).
I've done a lot of counselling and I'm well enough to return to employment.
Not that its any of your business, perhaps before running your mouth you might consider that sometimes people have to deal with real problems, there's no time limit on when they might overcome those problems, implying me, or anyone else, should never work again because of being on IHR, (caused by a situation beyond my control, that I have overcome), is kind of dumb.
I always enjoyed the job, left on very good terms, had a good relationship with manager and most of the office. I miss it.
Appreciate everyone else taking the time to offer helpful replies tho.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Sugar
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
- Gender: Female
Returning to work for RM after IHR
Isn't that always the case?Dorset Plodder wrote:Well that makes a refreshing change .... A Failed Manager becoming a Postie! In my experience it's normally the other way around.Sugar wrote:
Funnily enough I heard the exact same thing about 10 years ago. A long standing manager getting IHR, for stress IIRC, then coming back as a posties 18 months later.![]()
In the job only 2 minutes and they're after being managers because they can't do it or it's physically too hard for them. A lot of issues in the company would be improved if they increased the time limit for 18 months to say 5 years before you could apply to be a manager.
Another massive flaw with this company, they don't punish the managers anything like they do OPG's. OPG steps out of line and it's a 2 year warning even for a first offence and they are made to feel like a common criminal. Manager steps out of line and it's either not investigated no matter how much the OPG or union pursue it or they are quietly moved sideways till things calm down.Dorset Plodder wrote:Although I do know one DOM who was Busted from DOM to Postie (due to Gross Negligence/Incompetence/Fraud ..... don't know why they kept him in the Business?.... but I understand he's since been made back up to Reserve DOM.
Show a manager that they are untouchable and they become an even bigger ar$ehole than they currently are.
And they wonder why moral keeps falling, sick leave from stress and depression grows year on year and people can't wait to get out of the company.