aiden01 wrote:Where in that statement does it say we are losing a day off uso.
Here:
These findings tell us that the best way to ensure the Universal Service continues to meet our customers’ needs is to rebalance our service model more towards the growing parcels market, particularly urgent parcels and urgent letters.
Still doesn't say we are losing a day off the USO - I agree we might, but the statement you've quoted doesn't state that as a fact. As far as I'm aware the USO
is reviewed by OFCOM and any changes have to be ratified by parliament. 'Rebalancing' for the parcels market could include amending the USO to mean
'urgent parcels and urgent letters' only on a Saturday and extending it to include a Sunday parcel delivery. It's all conjecture at the moment.
aiden01 wrote:Where in that statement does it say we are losing a day off uso.
Here:
These findings tell us that the best way to ensure the Universal Service continues to meet our customers’ needs is to rebalance our service model more towards the growing parcels market, particularly urgent parcels and urgent letters.
Still cant see where it says we are losing a day off uso.
It implies, and as far as I know everybody here knows we will lose one day of Uso, they tested it recently by delivering only parcels on Saturdays, blaming Covid of course and it`s one of the changes about to come.
I can`t see why some pepole like to split the hairs in 4 when it`s acknowledged what`s going to happen.
Janet Brum wrote:It implies, and as far as I know everybody here knows we will lose one day of Uso, they tested it recently by delivering only parcels on Saturdays, blaming Covid of course and it`s one of the changes about to come.
I can`t see why some pepole like to split the hairs in 4 when it`s acknowledged what`s going to happen.
Joint statement between rm an cwu also implied we would have a payrise sorted by end of july now mid september an not even an offer yet.. an your wondering why people split the hairs in 4.
I personally prefer to wait and hear what RM propose to do before I start to get stressed about it. Once more I acknowledge that this is a "Discussion" Forum but sometimes it feels more like a chat room for conspiracy proponents, and my Old heart is getting too tired to contemplate some of these suggestions.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)