Finished at 56 after 39 years service , Young Postman / Driver / PHGmickeymacca wrote:That's a superb effort Wallan delivering since the year JFK was assassinated. All in the same office?
How many years have you done K9? and surely I'm not the only postie on this forum with a helipad![]()
regards
(I haven't really got a helipad, I've got a vauxhall corsa)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Well paid yes or no?
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
Well paid yes or no?
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Well paid yes or no?
So you've been out of the business since 2002-ish and you still think about it.wallan wrote: Finished at 56 after 39 years service , Young Postman / Driver / PHG
That's making me nervous.
I was hoping to completely forget this place the minute I send my uniform back.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
Well paid yes or no?
Never been back , still go out for Meal with with a couple of mates once a monthWoody Guthrie wrote:So you've been out of the business since 2002-ish and you still think about it.wallan wrote: Finished at 56 after 39 years service , Young Postman / Driver / PHG
That's making me nervous.
I was hoping to completely forget this place the minute I send my uniform back.
The problems being faced by the business now have been " Brewing " for many years
-
Bobby39
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 17 Dec 2019, 15:30
- Gender: Male
Well paid yes or no?
I'd say for the work we do the pay is quite good. For me the work/life balance is the greatest asset of the job. Over 15 years in the job in my late 30's and I actually enjoy the job. Which seems to be a rarity on this forum and in my office with the incessant moaning from colleagues whose work ethic is embarrassing. My wife earns lot more than me, plus works over 10 hours more (never leaves office on time) is stressed to high heaven and seems to have less money to play with at the end of the month.
Would i trade jobs for the extra 10k a year - no chance!
And before people assume I've a cushty little round. No, top 5 hardest in office. Over 5 hour delivery for me.
Would i trade jobs for the extra 10k a year - no chance!
And before people assume I've a cushty little round. No, top 5 hardest in office. Over 5 hour delivery for me.
-
the dragon
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 115
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 14:33
Well paid yes or no?
The job is better paid than most unskilled employment but, well paid, it certainly isn't. In my office we have posties claiming family tax credits ( as will all offices). One of my colleagues has a 32 hour contract, 3 young children and he freely admits that without these benefit top ups, he and his family would really struggle. If the job was well "paid", then surely some of our colleagues wouldn't need financial help to help them survive.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4146
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Well paid yes or no?
It isn't about being "well paid" as compared to all other employments, but about being well paid compared to other similar manual unskilled jobs.