ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Where can I find a copy of my contract?

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Yazminiature
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Sep 2020, 18:03
Gender: Female

Where can I find a copy of my contract?

Post by Yazminiature »

Hi All,

First time poster, so apologies for any errors. I've been working as a postman for 11 months, and am leaving for a new job. I want to hand in my notice, but I can't find my contract anywhere, so I don't know what my notice period is. Does anyone know where I can find a copy online, or how I can get another copy?

Also, does anyone know what the notice period is, and what I should do about my unused leave (given that we're almost six months into the year, I should've used about a week and a half, but I've only used a week so far) - do they give an option of getting money for the leave, or taking the days out of your notice period?

Thanks
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

Where can I find a copy of my contract?

Post by Decky Boy »

Yazminiature wrote:Hi All,

First time poster, so apologies for any errors. I've been working as a postman for 11 months, and am leaving for a new job. I want to hand in my notice, but I can't find my contract anywhere, so I don't know what my notice period is. Does anyone know where I can find a copy online, or how I can get another copy?

Also, does anyone know what the notice period is, and what I should do about my unused leave (given that we're almost six months into the year, I should've used about a week and a half, but I've only used a week so far) - do they give an option of getting money for the leave, or taking the days out of your notice period?

Thanks
In the kitchen....try the top drawer :wink:

You're obliged to give a weeks notice and any holiday pay owing will be paid on your final pay slip. If you give Royal Mail plenty of notice it may be that you can physically leave before "officially" leaving...the difference in days being the same as the outstanding leave owing ? Good Luck.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Where can I find a copy of my contract?

Post by k979aaa »

Yazminiature wrote:Hi All,

First time poster, so apologies for any errors. I've been working as a postman for 11 months, and am leaving for a new job. I want to hand in my notice, but I can't find my contract anywhere, so I don't know what my notice period is. Does anyone know where I can find a copy online, or how I can get another copy?

Also, does anyone know what the notice period is, and what I should do about my unused leave (given that we're almost six months into the year, I should've used about a week and a half, but I've only used a week so far) - do they give an option of getting money for the leave, or taking the days out of your notice period?

Thanks
Three weeks put it i writing and good luck for the future.
Yazminiature
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Sep 2020, 18:03
Gender: Female

Where can I find a copy of my contract?

Post by Yazminiature »

Thanks all! Kitchen drawer was the first place I checked lol
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Where can I find a copy of my contract?

Post by k979aaa »

Yazminiature wrote:Thanks all! Kitchen drawer was the first place I checked lol
What was the notice period for the benefit of those who just started?