Just a quick question if returning to work on a Friday after a sick note ending, but my rota day off is the day after am I still entitled to that day off?
Been told no because I haven't worked through the week to 'earn' my day off.Is this correct.Hard to find any concrete answer in RM policy.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Returning to work on a friday after sick note.
-
theotherone
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 04 Jun 2020, 21:58
- Gender: Male
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Returning to work on a friday after sick note.
No it's nonsense.
You don't "earn" your day off.
It's an unpaid scheduled non-work day.
If that isn't your day off they would have to pay you an extra day this week.
If they try a late switcheroo with the day off and tell you it was moved to Monday or something see your rep immediately.
You don't "earn" your day off.
It's an unpaid scheduled non-work day.
If that isn't your day off they would have to pay you an extra day this week.
If they try a late switcheroo with the day off and tell you it was moved to Monday or something see your rep immediately.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
theotherone
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 04 Jun 2020, 21:58
- Gender: Male
Returning to work on a friday after sick note.
Woody Guthrie wrote:No it's nonsense.
You don't "earn" your day off.
It's an unpaid scheduled non-work day.
If that isn't your day off they would have to pay you an extra day this week.
If they try a late switcheroo with the day off and tell you it was moved to Monday or something see your rep immediately.
Thanks mate.In my head I knew the answer just that because I've never seen anything in official policy I'd thought I ask.
I'll be in with the rep on Tuesday for sure.