ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The travelling postman
-
Rael, the IAK
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 13:08
- Gender: Male
The travelling postman
Direct Line, who I was with for my old car, and Churchill, who I'm with now, don't charge any more for class 1 business cover.
-
xPandabear1992x
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
- Gender: Male
The travelling postman
Sounds like LAT's or something.2yearpostie wrote:Never seen this type of contract
Part time Delivery Postperson with Driving
Job reference: 125655
Location: New Rossington Delivery Office & Rural Areas DN11 0PE
Contract: Fixed Term temporary until 27/06/21
Hours: 30:00 hours, between 07:30 and 16:30 , 5 days per week (Monday – Saturday) Must be flexible to cover 8 different offices. New Rossington, Conisborough, Denby, Hatfield, Stainforth, Finningley, Misterton, Owston Ferry
There's a fellow at our office who comes from a smaller office around the area. Never does mail but takes parcels and stuff back and forth. Makes sense.
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
The travelling postman
More likely a postie. Description is vague enough to change his hours to suit RM & can be called to move to where there are staff shortages.xPandabear1992x wrote:Sounds like LAT's or something.2yearpostie wrote:Never seen this type of contract
Part time Delivery Postperson with Driving
Job reference: 125655
Location: New Rossington Delivery Office & Rural Areas DN11 0PE
Contract: Fixed Term temporary until 27/06/21
Hours: 30:00 hours, between 07:30 and 16:30 , 5 days per week (Monday – Saturday) Must be flexible to cover 8 different offices. New Rossington, Conisborough, Denby, Hatfield, Stainforth, Finningley, Misterton, Owston Ferry
There's a fellow at our office who comes from a smaller office around the area. Never does mail but takes parcels and stuff back and forth. Makes sense.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
The travelling postman
I started on a fixed term contract; everybody did when I started 5 years ago. I've never known anybody not taken on. Many companies start new staff on trial or probation periods. It may also be about the upcoming changes, but if my office is anything to go there's a constant demand for staff as the rate we recruit at never keeps up with those that resign or retire. May change as unemployment increses in the coming months, but we're that slow at recruiting I doubt it.Murdoch wrote:I don't find that particularly strange. Kinda makes sense to have reserves cover an area.
What I do find strange, is that all the new vacancies are fixed term contracts. Anybody got any input on why that is the case?