Hi all, don't know if any of you can help. I've had a bad back diagnosed as herniated disk and it needs operating on.
Problem is, with everything going on, I don't know when the op will be. I know I can have 6 months full pay / 6 months half pay. I've had 3 months already. The op could be any time, nobody knows. I've spoken to OH and they've agreed I can't return til after the op.
What do I do? I can't return and go against OH and how I actually feel at the moment, but at the same time, the sick pay will run out soon.
I don't want to think about ihr as I may be fine after the op. Seems I'm in limbo
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Operation needed
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Operation needed
Can you claim benefits to help with rent / mortage etc if your pay drops down to half?
Hopefully it won't be too long till your surgery! Good luck!
Hopefully it won't be too long till your surgery! Good luck!
-
Mozalini
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 07 Jan 2010, 20:55
- Gender: Male
Operation needed
Thanks for the reply. I don't know if I can ask for benefits, I was hoping someone on here had some advice
-
1984
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 17 Feb 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
Operation needed
You'll get some sick pay on top of your half pay. Don't know how much though