Mr_P0stie wrote: He can't be given more work as he can only take what he can fit in the trolly.
Why can't he be brought extra bags while on delivery?
We label them with an approximate time and they are brought out.
Because I'm not stopping what I'm doing to drop bags down to him with the precious little time I have just to give him extra bags that aren't even part of our duty, and before you ask nor will anybody else, they've all got their own work to be getting on with. He clears his frame, same as me, the problem I have is the workload isn’t fair and it can’t be made fair without cocking up the whole office to divy up the duties. All I want to happen is to be paid a little more because fundamentally I’m doing more and to phase out trolly rounds and non drivers as much as possible so that O/S parcels and packets can be done by an individual on the duty as a driver.
Otherwise two people are theoretically delivering to the same addresses everyday which is such a waste of time and money. One duty, one driver, that's it.
My postman friend gets really angry when I tell everyone what he does for a living. I call him a mail escort.
Mr_P0stie wrote: He can't be given more work as he can only take what he can fit in the trolly.
Why can't he be brought extra bags while on delivery?
We label them with an approximate time and they are brought out.
Because I'm not stopping what I'm doing to drop bags down to him with the precious little time I have just to give him extra bags that aren't even part of our duty, and before you ask nor will anybody else, they've all got their own work to be getting on with. He clears his frame, same as me, the problem I have is the workload isn’t fair and it can’t be made fair without cocking up the whole office to divy up the duties. All I want to happen is to be paid a little more because fundamentally I’m doing more and to phase out trolly rounds and non drivers as much as possible so that O/S parcels and packets can be done by an individual on the duty as a driver.
Otherwise two people are theoretically delivering to the same addresses everyday which is such a waste of time and money. One duty, one driver, that's it.
I feel your pain and agree with you.keep in the back of your mind if you cant drive your future in royal mail will end soon there will be no place for people who cant or wont drive.so there time is nearly up,can and want to work for royal mail.id say to any Walker go and get your driving licence before it's to late or you wont have a job,you will be offered indoor work at the mail centre which for us is a 2 hour round trip..
Mr_P0stie wrote: He can't be given more work as he can only take what he can fit in the trolly.
Why can't he be brought extra bags while on delivery?
We label them with an approximate time and they are brought out.
Because I'm not stopping what I'm doing to drop bags down to him with the precious little time I have just to give him extra bags that aren't even part of our duty, and before you ask nor will anybody else, they've all got their own work to be getting on with. He clears his frame, same as me, the problem I have is the workload isn’t fair and it can’t be made fair without cocking up the whole office to divy up the duties. All I want to happen is to be paid a little more because fundamentally I’m doing more and to phase out trolly rounds and non drivers as much as possible so that O/S parcels and packets can be done by an individual on the duty as a driver.
Otherwise two people are theoretically delivering to the same addresses everyday which is such a waste of time and money. One duty, one driver, that's it.
You clearly have a bad partnership going which I'm going to guess is down to your partner getting his own way for so long. That or you seem to have some skewed version of what you have to do to clear a duty.
If your partner is taking it easy with a trolley - which he is quite entitled to use - then you shouldn't be compensating rushing about with all the oversized and specials and everything else. You should be using a lwt taking your time and doing the job properly as well. If you get grief from him or your manager you tell them that your doing the job as your supposed to and the pda should show this too.
I'd be swiftly telling this guy that he's going to be taking loops of other duty if he's finishes before you or your doing his oversized.
Am the driver in my pair and I wouldn't be letting the other guy have an easy day while I bust my balls.
Mr_P0stie wrote: He can't be given more work as he can only take what he can fit in the trolly.
Why can't he be brought extra bags while on delivery?
We label them with an approximate time and they are brought out.
Because I'm not stopping what I'm doing to drop bags down to him with the precious little time I have just to give him extra bags that aren't even part of our duty, and before you ask nor will anybody else, they've all got their own work to be getting on with. He clears his frame, same as me, the problem I have is the workload isn’t fair and it can’t be made fair without cocking up the whole office to divy up the duties. All I want to happen is to be paid a little more because fundamentally I’m doing more and to phase out trolly rounds and non drivers as much as possible so that O/S parcels and packets can be done by an individual on the duty as a driver.
Otherwise two people are theoretically delivering to the same addresses everyday which is such a waste of time and money. One duty, one driver, that's it.
Get the manager to drop then off then thats what happens in our office to be honest sounds like your rushing about like a madman bringing a lot of stress upon yourself you maybe need to stand up for yourself and tell the gaffer you aint extending instead of not wanting the hassle or earache thats what they want
Mr_P0stie wrote: He can't be given more work as he can only take what he can fit in the trolly.
Why can't he be brought extra bags while on delivery?
We label them with an approximate time and they are brought out.
Because I'm not stopping what I'm doing to drop bags down to him with the precious little time I have just to give him extra bags that aren't even part of our duty, and before you ask nor will anybody else, they've all got their own work to be getting on with. He clears his frame, same as me, the problem I have is the workload isn’t fair and it can’t be made fair without cocking up the whole office to divy up the duties. All I want to happen is to be paid a little more because fundamentally I’m doing more and to phase out trolly rounds and non drivers as much as possible so that O/S parcels and packets can be done by an individual on the duty as a driver.
Otherwise two people are theoretically delivering to the same addresses everyday which is such a waste of time and money. One duty, one driver, that's it.
I feel your pain and agree with you.keep in the back of your mind if you cant drive your future in royal mail will end soon there will be no place for people who cant or wont drive.so there time is nearly up,can and want to work for royal mail.id say to any Walker go and get your driving licence before it's to late or you wont have a job,you will be offered indoor work at the mail centre which for us is a 2 hour round trip..
A job in the mail centre sounds terrible all that not walking about in the rain for 4.15 hours plus