ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ear infection??? , dizziness and blocked hearing.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Ear infection??? , dizziness and blocked hearing.
Been there and done this.They used microsuction .Kind of small but safe hoover lol.Forget the balls of olive oil in the ear and other nonsense.Find a private clinic who do it about £70.
-
david3595
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 07:40
Ear infection??? , dizziness and blocked hearing.
My GP has advised that if my ear infection doesn’t clear up I can book an appointment to have my ear syringed if medicine that I have just got doesn’t work after 7 days at my local health centre. 
-
david3595
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 07:40
Ear infection??? , dizziness and blocked hearing.
Quick update, had to go private today to get micro suction in both ears, last 4 days tinnitus set in. GP told me they stopped doing it in local surgery in March this year but previously said “ just ring us to book “ Had to book online an appointment to see someone to get the treatment and no availability within 48hrsdavid3595 wrote:My GP has advised that if my ear infection doesn’t clear up I can book an appointment to have my ear syringed if medicine that I have just got doesn’t work after 7 days at my local health centre.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Ear infection??? , dizziness and blocked hearing.
Hope it’s sorted?david3595 wrote:Quick update, had to go private today to get micro suction in both ears, last 4 days tinnitus set in. GP told me they stopped doing it in local surgery in March this year but previously said “ just ring us to book “ Had to book online an appointment to see someone to get the treatment and no availability within 48hrsdavid3595 wrote:My GP has advised that if my ear infection doesn’t clear up I can book an appointment to have my ear syringed if medicine that I have just got doesn’t work after 7 days at my local health centre.
I’ve been through it a few times. Last time I tried to sort it on the NHS there was a 6 week wait to get them syringed (or whatever it is they do nowadays). I sorted it for £70 within 2 days by going private.
Just going off on one here but I wonder why we sometimes are reluctant to spend a small amount of money on our health, instead insisting on NHS.
I’ve a mate who has been on a waiting list at an overwhelmed NHS dentist for 2 years, I’d be surprised if he gets on their books within the next 2 years! For £12 a month (denplan) he could go private. He’s on good money too!
My boss in a previous job had £200k in the bank but insisted on waiting 5 weeks to be seen by the NHS for a worrying lump in his throat when he could’ve had it checked privately within days.
Even my grandad, with assets of £1 million was the same.
When it comes to health I’m always happy to pay a few quid to get it checked out quicker (and yeah I bet the govt love me!).
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Ear infection??? , dizziness and blocked hearing.
For some people obviously it's just an aversion to spending money but for a lot of people it's the thought that they're somehow undermining the NHS, showing a lack of loyalty in something that's always had their back.Just going off on one here but I wonder why we sometimes are reluctant to spend a small amount of money on our health, instead insisting on NHS.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
david3595
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 07:40
Ear infection??? , dizziness and blocked hearing.
5 days after the procedure the tinnitus in left ear is only noticeable if there is complete silence at nighttime trying to sleep but it’s a vast improvement , advice is it should eventually go away and strangely I’m becoming used to it. Hearing is amazing. I couldn’t get micro suction done previously on NHS it was only jet water. I didn’t mind paying at all, if it had been clearly explained by the Doctor or the receptionist when I finally got to see a doctor to look in the ear to check no infection that it wasn’t done at GP surgery I would have been aware. These days every thing is online booking so two days was earliest I could go private and £70 was worth itHTPostman wrote:Hope it’s sorted?david3595 wrote:Quick update, had to go private today to get micro suction in both ears, last 4 days tinnitus set in. GP told me they stopped doing it in local surgery in March this year but previously said “ just ring us to book “ Had to book online an appointment to see someone to get the treatment and no availability within 48hrsdavid3595 wrote:My GP has advised that if my ear infection doesn’t clear up I can book an appointment to have my ear syringed if medicine that I have just got doesn’t work after 7 days at my local health centre.
I’ve been through it a few times. Last time I tried to sort it on the NHS there was a 6 week wait to get them syringed (or whatever it is they do nowadays). I sorted it for £70 within 2 days by going private.
Just going off on one here but I wonder why we sometimes are reluctant to spend a small amount of money on our health, instead insisting on
I’ve a mate who has been on a waiting list at an overwhelmed NHS dentist for 2 years, I’d be surprised if he gets on their books within the next 2 years! For £12 a month (denplan) he could go private. He’s on good money too!
My boss in a previous job had £200k in the bank but insisted on waiting 5 weeks to be seen by the NHS for a worrying lump in his throat when he could’ve had it checked privately within days.
Even my grandad, with assets of £1 million was the same.
When it comes to health I’m always happy to pay a few quid to get it checked out quicker (and yeah I bet the govt love me!).