worktotime wrote:its optional , as you dont have to change your regular working times if you dont want to .
If it is optional, if nobody volunteered how would any form of social distancing take place in the morning?
If everybody just turned up at their normal time, could we all just say the place is unsafe and stop work?
I think changes to attendance patterns caused by the introduction of packets only Saturday were supposed to be voluntary, unless you were a part time reserve.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
I like you was asked to volunteer to work a later shift (11-4) when COVID kicked off in March, which I agreed to as I thought it would be safer.
Due to my walk being slightly amended recently (meaning a longer walk )I asked the DOM for overtime as not only is my walk longer but I’m always waiting around for a van for up to an hour after tieing up.
Rather than be offered the overtime I was told I am to start at 12 rather than 11. When I spoke to my union rep about this and he reviewed my contract it would appear that RM are entitled to do this due to some new flexibility clause being introduced into the newer contracts ( I started at RM 1.5 years ago).
I was obviously very surprised to find this out so I would be interested to know how your Dom responds to asking to revert back to normal working hours.
Bobbyh wrote:I like you was asked to volunteer to work a later shift (11-4) when COVID kicked off in March, which I agreed to as I thought it would be safer.
Due to my walk being slightly amended recently (meaning a longer walk )I asked the DOM for overtime as not only is my walk longer but I’m always waiting around for a van for up to an hour after tieing up.
Rather than be offered the overtime I was told I am to start at 12 rather than 11. When I spoke to my union rep about this and he reviewed my contract it would appear that RM are entitled to do this due to some new flexibility clause being introduced into the newer contracts ( I started at RM 1.5 years ago).
I was obviously very surprised to find this out so I would be interested to know how your Dom responds to asking to revert back to normal working hours.
i made a thread about this earlier in the week but no one believed me!
In my office all part timers are being given the choice of being forced to work afternoon shifts on a rota or putting your car at Rms disposal (them insuring it) and following a van around on park and loop duties (no mail in private cars)
Yes, we were also asked to use our private cars to follow the main driver in their van but I found out RM only offer 3rd party insurance so I opted against that
Bobbyh wrote:Yes, we were also asked to use our private cars to follow the main driver in their van but I found out RM only offer 3rd party insurance so I opted against that
Seems my thread earlier in the week was accurate after all then.
I’m full time and start at 11am ,I prep my walk do door to doors etc then wait for a van to become available.and Delivery takes around 4.5 to 5 hrs
The big question is what’s going to happen when it gets dark around 4pm?
Delivering parcels maybe doable but certainly not letters and doubt DOMs have even thought about it.
Maybe they are hoping partners will be allowed to travel in the vans by then?
Bobbyh wrote:I’m pretty sure it would be against H&S rules delivering mail in the dark.
Delivery staff used to deliver mail in the dark years ago. Couriers often deliver mal in the dark.
Van sharing is probably not going to return till at least 2021. With the cases of covid per day now being over 1,000 every day for the last few days, my gut feeling is that Boris might reimpose a few restrictions. My gut feeling is that he'll close all pubs and bars
iHateD2Ds wrote:I’m full time and start at 11am ,I prep my walk do door to doors etc then wait for a van to become available.and Delivery takes around 4.5 to 5 hrs
The big question is what’s going to happen when it gets dark around 4pm?
Delivering parcels maybe doable but certainly not letters and doubt DOMs have even thought about it.
Maybe they are hoping partners will be allowed to travel in the vans by then?
If you look in the new vacancies that are advertised you can see that the 80% of them are requiring new entrance to work till 6.30pm,7.30pm,8.00pm so obviously with competition outdoor and new parcel hub implemented, they looking for delivering parcel at any time of the day with some new type of delivery with 4 or 5 areas maybe and also with agency staff after the 27 June 2021 where a lot of new entrances contracts will terminate.
Joe B wrote:Hi, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a statement which states about the change to start times being voluntary. Thank you
Hi Joe, depends on the wording in your contract, if it says you work from say 8am 2 pm your ok, but if it says your manager will allocate your hours and has no mention of start and finish times then legally they can move your start and finish times with notice.
Joe B wrote:Hi, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a statement which states about the change to start times being voluntary. Thank you
Are you referring to the start time changes that were brought in due to Coronavirus? If so it's in Rico's letter linked in this CWU LTB:
Joe B wrote:Hi, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a statement which states about the change to start times being voluntary. Thank you
Are you referring to the start time changes that were brought in due to Coronavirus? If so it's in Rico's letter linked in this CWU LTB:
That letter refers to changes due to the suspension of the USO.
I don't think it follows that it applies to changes necessary to ensure social distancing.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.