ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
frankieboy
Posts: 303
Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34

Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty

Post by frankieboy »

cheerful wrote:Really big thanks to you all for the responses.

I've been for the pre-op chit chat, when I told the doc I was a postie he asked if I drove a van or walked, I said I walk about 10 miles a day, he said I should have 2 weeks off, but I'd need to speak to my employers.

He was also really drawing attention to the 15% having (permanent) testicular pain and 5% having it severe enough to affect day-to-day activities. The doc kept underlining it as he was talking.

That seems really high, I'd have expected a lot fewer people to have the snip with such a high permanent pain rate.

I'll see if management will give me time off, but otherwise I'll see if I can cancel a week I've got booked off and use it after the snip.

If sitting down with ice on my bawls for a week will reduce the chance of getting permanent pain, then I'll definitely go for it.

Once again, thank you all for your comments.
Ahhh yes the pain, I did a post on this a few years ago, I had no pain when I had the op 20 years ago but once I started being a postie 13 years ago I had I lot of pain from the internal scar tissue. It comes and goes but when I do get it it can be crippling.
Mick100
Posts: 275
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 10:00
Gender: Male

Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty

Post by Mick100 »

Don't do it get the other half done
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty

Post by Seymour Buts »

Not to pry into ones personal life, but the potential side effects sound too high to risk to me. Pain down there really is something else, crippling if too bad.