Seymour Buts wrote:Giros must've been a nightmare I'd imagine, way before my time! When was that out of interest? 80, 90's before it all changed to direct debit?
Definitely had giro's in 90s that's when I started but honestly can't remember when they stopped.saturdays were the worst p.o closed at 12:30 if they missed it they couldn't get rat arsed on a Saturday night lol
I remember when I first started I naively agreed to do half a walk on OT after my walk. Around a dodgy estate.....on a Saturday.
Only started about 11 and I got plenty of grief from the natives
sindba wrote:I sometimes worry when a kid answers and signs for something.
Wouldn't put it past a stroppy teenager to play silly beggars with mum or dad's packet.
Is there actually an RM policy on the age someone has to be to sign?
It's up to your discretion unless obviously it"s an age verification thing.
For me it varies from place to place, I would trust a 10 year old more than a 15 year old and a 15 year old girl more than a 15 year old boy but that's just me.
I've had a teenager sign for cash before and deny it to his mum but she wasn't having any of it from him and made him apologise to me.
He seems to be in the clear. The GPS on the PDA showed he was in the right place when it was delivered; given we're all signing for everything now anyway, I guess it's difficult to prove one way or another.
Grumpyoldmailman wrote:What was the outcome in the end? We are to not post them through the letterbox anymore after someone misdelivered one and it has not reappeared.
I don't sign for anything without somebody being there, at least on Ring. Some refuse to sign for letters as they may be legal stuff ect, taking it upon yourself to sign for stuff is dodgy. People look at me gone out sometimes when I knock only to sign anyway, but it's the best way to cover your back.
Grumpyoldmailman wrote:What was the outcome in the end? We are to not post them through the letterbox anymore after someone misdelivered one and it has not reappeared.
I don't sign for anything without somebody being there, at least on Ring. Some refuse to sign for letters as they may be legal stuff ect, taking it upon yourself to sign for stuff is dodgy. People look at me gone out sometimes when I knock only to sign anyway, but it's the best way to cover your back.
We were told to just post the stuff that will go through the letterbox.
Complaint went in for denial of receipt of special delivery. Customer accused me of signing myself and pinching it. Investigated, GPS (from the first gen PDA's we had) narrowed it down to me being on the property. Explained to DIM exactly what had happened and that they signed for it in their garage, put it down on a shelf whilst talking to me for the next 5-10 minutes. DIM went up showed them where it was and did I get an apology? Did I fuc£
Sugar wrote:Complaint went in for denial of receipt of special delivery. Customer accused me of signing myself and pinching it. Investigated, GPS (from the first gen PDA's we had) narrowed it down to me being on the property. Explained to DIM exactly what had happened and that they signed for it in their garage, put it down on a shelf whilst talking to me for the next 5-10 minutes. DIM went up showed them where it was and did I get an apology? Did I fuc£
Had same a few years ago with a couple who I thought I got on with. Turned out the son collected it from the neighbour. Never got an apology and they never got another parcel left for them. Never spoke to them again after being accused of being a thief
Sugar wrote:Complaint went in for denial of receipt of special delivery. Customer accused me of signing myself and pinching it. Investigated, GPS (from the first gen PDA's we had) narrowed it down to me being on the property. Explained to DIM exactly what had happened and that they signed for it in their garage, put it down on a shelf whilst talking to me for the next 5-10 minutes. DIM went up showed them where it was and did I get an apology? Did I fuc£
Had same a few years ago with a couple who I thought I got on with. Turned out the son collected it from the neighbour. Never got an apology and they never got another parcel left for them. Never spoke to them again after being accused of being a thief
We were told to just post the stuff that will go through the letterbox.[/quote]
Not sure who told you that but its wrong, the normal delivery procedure still applies. You need to see the person collect the item and request name if signed for or special. If that can't be done then 739 it is. With the business looking to cut costs try not to make it easy for them by handing them back your contract.
Sugar wrote:Complaint went in for denial of receipt of special delivery. Customer accused me of signing myself and pinching it. Investigated, GPS (from the first gen PDA's we had) narrowed it down to me being on the property. Explained to DIM exactly what had happened and that they signed for it in their garage, put it down on a shelf whilst talking to me for the next 5-10 minutes. DIM went up showed them where it was and did I get an apology? Did I fuc£
Had same a few years ago with a couple who I thought I got on with. Turned out the son collected it from the neighbour. Never got an apology and they never got another parcel left for them. Never spoke to them again after being accused of being a thief
Learnt quite early on into the job that customers are just that customers and no matter how well you got on with them the first time something went wrong they'd drop you in it asap no matter the possible consequences you could end up facing.