Same where I work, and the funny thing is, the people who covered their jobs cleared everyday, now the schemers are back I don't think they have cleared once, but no one should be bullied for being offJudgee wrote:Those that are genuinely off shielding/self isolating should feel no shame and suffer no bullying. But there have been many in my office at least, that considered the virus as an excellent way to get some free weeks off and were quite happy to admit it (albeit on the quiet). For those of us that worked our @rses off through this pandemic and have never been off, it does feel like a slap in the face. So I can see why some people may get a bit irate about it if they mistakenly think some people have been swinging the lead?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
-
Villadaft
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 19 Nov 2010, 20:32
- Gender: Male
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
-
Manboat
- Posts: 172
- Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
I’m type 1 diabetic and really panicked myself at the very beginning and had 3 weeks off, I came back and did later starts so the office was empty, I didn’t get a letter to stay off so did feel a bit pressured to go back but to be honest I’m glad I went back and got some normality back. I don’t hold any ill feeling towards anybody who’s stayed off right through, everyone has different levels of worry over this virus, you just gotta do what you need to to keep safe and keep your mental health right too.
-
HA1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
I'm a type 1 diabetic myself and have worked all through Colvid 19.
Type 1 diabetics where not sent a 12 week isolation letter unless they had other medical issues
So you had 3 weeks off then came back on later starts, but the Colvid 19 situation is the same, so why come back.
Later starts would of been available 3 weeks ago, so why didn't you do them then.
Type 1 diabetics where not sent a 12 week isolation letter unless they had other medical issues
So you had 3 weeks off then came back on later starts, but the Colvid 19 situation is the same, so why come back.
Later starts would of been available 3 weeks ago, so why didn't you do them then.
-
Manboat
- Posts: 172
- Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
HA1 wrote:I'm a type 1 diabetic myself and have worked all through Colvid 19.
Type 1 diabetics where not sent a 12 week isolation letter unless they had other medical issues
So you had 3 weeks off then came back on later starts, but the Colvid 19 situation is the same, so why come back.
Later starts would of been available 3 weeks ago, so why didn't you do them then.
Actually the 3 weeks off were made up of week 1 - panicked so self certed way back in March, then weeks 2 and 3 were self isolating due to my son having a temperature for 5 days so had to, did later starts for a few months then have gradually gone back to normal in last 2 weeks( suppose I’ve just gotten more comfortable at work rightly or wrongly) like I said everyone’s at got different worry levels but doesn’t look like it’s going away soon and I wanted to go back to my normal times and just try keep out the way as best I could
-
cliffeyhez
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 04:07
- Gender: Male
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
I returned to work on 1at August after shielding since late March (I have a blood cancer and deemed very vulnerable to Civic 19).
After reading posts on this subject, I felt nervous about returning to work.
I work in a small office in Essex of only six walks.
My colleagues gave me a lovely welcome, and we're extremely supportive to me, showing me the new ways of working, ppe, and even helped out by delivering some of my many parcels.
I found the experience both heartening and humbling.
Just thought I'd share something positive.
After reading posts on this subject, I felt nervous about returning to work.
I work in a small office in Essex of only six walks.
My colleagues gave me a lovely welcome, and we're extremely supportive to me, showing me the new ways of working, ppe, and even helped out by delivering some of my many parcels.
I found the experience both heartening and humbling.
Just thought I'd share something positive.