We were feeling extremely guilty while we were off with our colleagues facing the brunt of it, we wanted to come back and play our part in what we thought was a fair shift systemmiles_peters wrote:surely as you were shielding you'd want to work the later shifts when the office is clearer and safer for you? i mean the virus hasn't gone away, its still in circulation and you are still vulnerable. i don't get where the problem is?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
-
geordieboy123
- Posts: 384
- Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
- Gender: Female
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
What have you ended up with & what happened to the 2 reservesgeordieboy123 wrote:We were feeling extremely guilty while we were off with our colleagues facing the brunt of it, we wanted to come back and play our part in what we thought was a fair shift systemmiles_peters wrote:surely as you were shielding you'd want to work the later shifts when the office is clearer and safer for you? i mean the virus hasn't gone away, its still in circulation and you are still vulnerable. i don't get where the problem is?
-
geordieboy123
- Posts: 384
- Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
- Gender: Female
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
It’s ended up as it should be 3 on earlies and 3 on lates the reserves have gone to other offices in our cluster it’s just people who used to be workmates have got the right hump with us and even calling me names behind my back just how can fellow workers be like that?wallan wrote:What have you ended up with & what happened to the 2 reservesgeordieboy123 wrote:We were feeling extremely guilty while we were off with our colleagues facing the brunt of it, we wanted to come back and play our part in what we thought was a fair shift systemmiles_peters wrote:surely as you were shielding you'd want to work the later shifts when the office is clearer and safer for you? i mean the virus hasn't gone away, its still in circulation and you are still vulnerable. i don't get where the problem is?
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
I'm going to be brutal now and if anyone takes offence then I apologise now. Yes there are a lot of unhappy postman at the minute, they are physically AND mentally broken having worked through this pandemic. In the early days we were working with little or no ppe having no idea how the virus was spread. Customers were even cleaning their letterboxes fearing that they could catch it from post and parcels . Now you might not like this one but people who have diabetics or coronary heart disease, like geordieboy and his mate is probably down to lifestyle they led, i.e.: smoking, drinking and eating unhealthy foods. Two people from our office who have diabetics have been off all this time and you used to see them shovelling in cakes, sweets and crisps most mornings. Someone else in our office who is shielding someone else has been away on 2 holidays, one in this country and one abroad. My holidays were booked during the lockdown so could not go away, I was not able to move them either or take them next year. As for the £200 ( 150 after tax) I don't think it is pathetic, posties see what they have gone through in the last 13,14 weeks whilst others have been off, nice weather, going away, having holidays moved to next year and extra money for nothing. If you don't like my brutal honesty then I'm sorry but other posties see it that way.thefox wrote:Guys in our office were furious because those of shielding received the 200 quid bonus pathetic really
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
A very ignorant postfrankieboy wrote:I'm going to be brutal now and if anyone takes offence then I apologise now. Yes there are a lot of unhappy postman at the minute, they are physically AND mentally broken having worked through this pandemic. In the early days we were working with little or no ppe having no idea how the virus was spread. Customers were even cleaning their letterboxes fearing that they could catch it from post and parcels . Now you might not like this one but people who have diabetics or coronary heart disease, like geordieboy and his mate is probably down to lifestyle they led, i.e.: smoking, drinking and eating unhealthy foods. Two people from our office who have diabetics have been off all this time and you used to see them shovelling in cakes, sweets and crisps most mornings. Someone else in our office who is shielding someone else has been away on 2 holidays, one in this country and one abroad. My holidays were booked during the lockdown so could not go away, I was not able to move them either or take them next year. As for the £200 ( 150 after tax) I don't think it is pathetic, posties see what they have gone through in the last 13,14 weeks whilst others have been off, nice weather, going away, having holidays moved to next year and extra money for nothing. If you don't like my brutal honesty then I'm sorry but other posties see it that way.thefox wrote:Guys in our office were furious because those of shielding received the 200 quid bonus pathetic really
Type 1 diabetes, unlike type 2, is nothing to do with lifestyle or what you eat or drink. You either get it or you dont and nothing you do can stop it.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
I stand corrected on diabetics 1, so a bit like my mother who's in her 80's never smoked and has lung and breast cancer, had her treatment cancelled and now has weeks to live.Acca Dacca wrote:A very ignorant postfrankieboy wrote:I'm going to be brutal now and if anyone takes offence then I apologise now. Yes there are a lot of unhappy postman at the minute, they are physically AND mentally broken having worked through this pandemic. In the early days we were working with little or no ppe having no idea how the virus was spread. Customers were even cleaning their letterboxes fearing that they could catch it from post and parcels . Now you might not like this one but people who have diabetics or coronary heart disease, like geordieboy and his mate is probably down to lifestyle they led, i.e.: smoking, drinking and eating unhealthy foods. Two people from our office who have diabetics have been off all this time and you used to see them shovelling in cakes, sweets and crisps most mornings. Someone else in our office who is shielding someone else has been away on 2 holidays, one in this country and one abroad. My holidays were booked during the lockdown so could not go away, I was not able to move them either or take them next year. As for the £200 ( 150 after tax) I don't think it is pathetic, posties see what they have gone through in the last 13,14 weeks whilst others have been off, nice weather, going away, having holidays moved to next year and extra money for nothing. If you don't like my brutal honesty then I'm sorry but other posties see it that way.thefox wrote:Guys in our office were furious because those of shielding received the 200 quid bonus pathetic really
Type 1 diabetes, unlike type 2, is nothing to do with lifestyle or what you eat or drink. You either get it or you dont and nothing you do can stop it.
-
thefox
- Posts: 1197
- Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
Guys in my office that were shielding aint been away on holidays its not their fault they had to shield so everyone to their opinion but mines is it is pathetic but no surprise in royal mail people cant even get a bonus and enjoy it because they are to worried what someone else is getting or doing
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
You've stolen the words right out of my mouth! This is the attitude and thought processes we are up against in our DO's. Truly ignorant.Acca Dacca wrote:A very ignorant postfrankieboy wrote:I'm going to be brutal now and if anyone takes offence then I apologise now. Yes there are a lot of unhappy postman at the minute, they are physically AND mentally broken having worked through this pandemic. In the early days we were working with little or no ppe having no idea how the virus was spread. Customers were even cleaning their letterboxes fearing that they could catch it from post and parcels . Now you might not like this one but people who have diabetics or coronary heart disease, like geordieboy and his mate is probably down to lifestyle they led, i.e.: smoking, drinking and eating unhealthy foods. Two people from our office who have diabetics have been off all this time and you used to see them shovelling in cakes, sweets and crisps most mornings. Someone else in our office who is shielding someone else has been away on 2 holidays, one in this country and one abroad. My holidays were booked during the lockdown so could not go away, I was not able to move them either or take them next year. As for the £200 ( 150 after tax) I don't think it is pathetic, posties see what they have gone through in the last 13,14 weeks whilst others have been off, nice weather, going away, having holidays moved to next year and extra money for nothing. If you don't like my brutal honesty then I'm sorry but other posties see it that way.thefox wrote:Guys in our office were furious because those of shielding received the 200 quid bonus pathetic really
Type 1 diabetes, unlike type 2, is nothing to do with lifestyle or what you eat or drink. You either get it or you dont and nothing you do can stop it.
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
Glad it worked Out Okgeordieboy123 wrote:It’s ended up as it should be 3 on earlies and 3 on lates the reserves have gone to other offices in our cluster it’s just people who used to be workmates have got the right hump with us and even calling me names behind my back just how can fellow workers be like that?wallan wrote:What have you ended up with & what happened to the 2 reservesgeordieboy123 wrote:We were feeling extremely guilty while we were off with our colleagues facing the brunt of it, we wanted to come back and play our part in what we thought was a fair shift systemmiles_peters wrote:surely as you were shielding you'd want to work the later shifts when the office is clearer and safer for you? i mean the virus hasn't gone away, its still in circulation and you are still vulnerable. i don't get where the problem is?
-
geordieboy123
- Posts: 384
- Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
- Gender: Female
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
I’ve taken offence and I don’t accept your apology, I’ve never smoked, I drink in moderation and I have always been a fitness fanatic, in fact I had my heart attack during a workout at the gym and as for my mate he was born with type one diabetes. So tell me why you think our treatment from colleagues is justified, our return to work meetings with the union and area safety Rep in attendance concluded that for the first couple of weeks we would be on lates and then the rotating shift would commence.frankieboy wrote:I'm going to be brutal now and if anyone takes offence then I apologise now. Yes there are a lot of unhappy postman at the minute, they are physically AND mentally broken having worked through this pandemic. In the early days we were working with little or no ppe having no idea how the virus was spread. Customers were even cleaning their letterboxes fearing that they could catch it from post and parcels . Now you might not like this one but people who have diabetics or coronary heart disease, like geordieboy and his mate is probably down to lifestyle they led, i.e.: smoking, drinking and eating unhealthy foods. Two people from our office who have diabetics have been off all this time and you used to see them shovelling in cakes, sweets and crisps most mornings. Someone else in our office who is shielding someone else has been away on 2 holidays, one in this country and one abroad. My holidays were booked during the lockdown so could not go away, I was not able to move them either or take them next year. As for the £200 ( 150 after tax) I don't think it is pathetic, posties see what they have gone through in the last 13,14 weeks whilst others have been off, nice weather, going away, having holidays moved to next year and extra money for nothing. If you don't like my brutal honesty then I'm sorry but other posties see it that way.thefox wrote:Guys in our office were furious because those of shielding received the 200 quid bonus pathetic really
We were following company/Government advice by being off work and in fact our doctors and if we returned to work against that advice any life insurance and possibly car insurance would have been invalid (especially life insurance) my Mrs checked. As for posties going away during lockdown is hard to believe as all holiday parks and hotels were closed and as for holidays being moved to next year I was told by my DOM that the two weeks I had booked while I was off were now lost. As for the money people like me getting it was wrong it should have been given only to those who were not receiving sick pay and more importantly those that worked through it.
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
I am not trying to justify treatment by other colleagues, but as to why they are. The last few months have been hell working in these conditions. A lot of people are suffering mentally, but hey, who cares about them.geordieboy123 wrote:I’ve taken offence and I don’t accept your apology, I’ve never smoked, I drink in moderation and I have always been a fitness fanatic, in fact I had my heart attack during a workout at the gym and as for my mate he was born with type one diabetes. So tell me why you think our treatment from colleagues is justified, our return to work meetings with the union and area safety Rep in attendance concluded that for the first couple of weeks we would be on lates and then the rotating shift would commence.frankieboy wrote:I'm going to be brutal now and if anyone takes offence then I apologise now. Yes there are a lot of unhappy postman at the minute, they are physically AND mentally broken having worked through this pandemic. In the early days we were working with little or no ppe having no idea how the virus was spread. Customers were even cleaning their letterboxes fearing that they could catch it from post and parcels . Now you might not like this one but people who have diabetics or coronary heart disease, like geordieboy and his mate is probably down to lifestyle they led, i.e.: smoking, drinking and eating unhealthy foods. Two people from our office who have diabetics have been off all this time and you used to see them shovelling in cakes, sweets and crisps most mornings. Someone else in our office who is shielding someone else has been away on 2 holidays, one in this country and one abroad. My holidays were booked during the lockdown so could not go away, I was not able to move them either or take them next year. As for the £200 ( 150 after tax) I don't think it is pathetic, posties see what they have gone through in the last 13,14 weeks whilst others have been off, nice weather, going away, having holidays moved to next year and extra money for nothing. If you don't like my brutal honesty then I'm sorry but other posties see it that way.thefox wrote:Guys in our office were furious because those of shielding received the 200 quid bonus pathetic really
We were following company/Government advice by being off work and in fact our doctors and if we returned to work against that advice any life insurance and possibly car insurance would have been invalid (especially life insurance) my Mrs checked. As for posties going away during lockdown is hard to believe as all holiday parks and hotels were closed and as for holidays being moved to next year I was told by my DOM that the two weeks I had booked while I was off were now lost. As for the money people like me getting it was wrong it should have been given only to those who were not receiving sick pay and more importantly those that worked through it.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
No
Actually you are doing exactly that - trying to justify bullying
If colleagues are suffering mentally and feel the need to take it out on other members of staff then that’s unacceptable
Actually you are doing exactly that - trying to justify bullying
If colleagues are suffering mentally and feel the need to take it out on other members of staff then that’s unacceptable
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
I hope you will remember their comments next time they need a favour. It might be in a week, it might be in 5 years but I can guarantee at some point they’ll need your help such as swapping a day off or holiday with you.geordieboy123 wrote:It’s ended up as it should be 3 on earlies and 3 on lates the reserves have gone to other offices in our cluster it’s just people who used to be workmates have got the right hump with us and even calling me names behind my back just how can fellow workers be like that?wallan wrote:What have you ended up with & what happened to the 2 reservesgeordieboy123 wrote:We were feeling extremely guilty while we were off with our colleagues facing the brunt of it, we wanted to come back and play our part in what we thought was a fair shift systemmiles_peters wrote:surely as you were shielding you'd want to work the later shifts when the office is clearer and safer for you? i mean the virus hasn't gone away, its still in circulation and you are still vulnerable. i don't get where the problem is?
Last edited by HTPostman on 29 Jul 2020, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Return after shielding and grief from colleagues
frankieboy wrote: I am not trying to justify treatment by other colleagues, but as to why they are. The last few months have been hell working in these conditions. A lot of people are suffering mentally, but hey, who cares about them.
It might seen unfair that someone has taken the government advice to shield whilst others have been force to work, but if the shoe was on the other foot, wouldn't you have done the same?? Clearly you would if you knew that the last few months have been hell! You say that it whats your colleagues think, but its not, its clearly what you think.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34