ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Masks in office

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

Masks in office

Post by sindba »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Lets put a spanner in the works, it's a video from BBC news questions thingy, also, the picture is really bad as I'm waiting for my TV to be fixed...
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ak8wqDbgMvoehPRxB_PBeX59ZR7P1A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's kinda irrelevant because the shop gets to decide what the policy is in that particular shop and RM gets to decide what its employees do so even if you take away the mandatory element you're left with RM policy and even if you take away RM policy you're still going to have to ask (from a distance obvs) each individual feckin shop how they feel about it.

So really the "mandatory" bit is the least important?

P. S. Have you tried hitting it on the side, I'm sure that still works with those old 70s tellys.... tellies... TVs.
Get the youngest kid to stand by the window holding the ariel up.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Masks in office

Post by fb1969 »

wookie wrote:Image

I wear this....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, Noseybonk!!!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Masks in office

Post by wookie »

Jigsaw, showing our age......
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Masks in office

Post by fb1969 »

Nightmares!!! :Very Happy
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Masks in office

Post by 97gaz »

Caesar wrote:

I think that the idiots are the parents who allow their children to be injected with all sorts of chemicals without trying to do any research.
I never thought twice about my kids having vaccinations. Not for a second. I don't want to go back to the early part of the last century where it wasn't uncommon for half of the kids in a family to die from any one of the many diseases we have vaccinations for now. When was the last time you had a family member or friend even have Tuberculosis never mind die from it? If you love your kids you'll give them a head start in protecting them for these diseases. I've been doing some family tree research for my father in law who thought his mother only had two brothers. He was right in a way. Only two boys and one girl survived out of nine kids with the oldest only making it to 16 years old.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Masks in office

Post by k979aaa »

sindba wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
k979aaa wrote:At the end of the day no one can make you do anything! Wearing a mask is a voluntary decision just because some guy got brain damage in hospital whist being the PM is of no consequence as his decisions are based on fiction rather than facts!
Eh?
It's mandatory to wear one in certain conditions in the UK. Shops, supermarkets, public transport.
Well you don't have to use any of those.
You don't have to go to work.

People refusing to wear masks are probably the same kind of idiots who put their own kids lives at risk by refusing vaccinations.

They need to be forced and I hope hope RM do so.
The thing is this is a free county you can chose the services you use or you can abandon them it is your choice. As for work we all tolerate and abide by the values of the company ie racial tolerance and sexuality and gender of others so how is it you don't tolerate those with a disability are you higher and mightier than those who you don't give a second thought too?
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Masks in office

Post by 97gaz »

k979aaa wrote:
sindba wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
k979aaa wrote:At the end of the day no one can make you do anything! Wearing a mask is a voluntary decision just because some guy got brain damage in hospital whist being the PM is of no consequence as his decisions are based on fiction rather than facts!
Eh?
It's mandatory to wear one in certain conditions in the UK. Shops, supermarkets, public transport.
Well you don't have to use any of those.
You don't have to go to work.

People refusing to wear masks are probably the same kind of idiots who put their own kids lives at risk by refusing vaccinations.

They need to be forced and I hope hope RM do so.
The thing is this is a free county you can chose the services you use or you can abandon them it is your choice. As for work we all tolerate and abide by the values of the company ie racial tolerance and sexuality and gender of others so how is it you don't tolerate those with a disability are you higher and mightier than those who you don't give a second thought too?
I'll have to pull you up on that mate.
1. Dominic Cummings is actually the Prime Minister. Boris is just his monkey.
2. Johnson was brain damaged long before Coronavirus.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Masks in office

Post by Woody Guthrie »

I think you should pull him on on the fact that there's no such thing as a 'free country'.
That's the sort of s**t you stop thinking when you're 6 and you realise food doesn't just appear on a plate.
Only dead fish follow the current
Caesar
Posts: 234
Joined: 22 Nov 2018, 12:23
Gender: Male

Masks in office

Post by Caesar »

97gaz wrote:
Caesar wrote:

I think that the idiots are the parents who allow their children to be injected with all sorts of chemicals without trying to do any research.
I never thought twice about my kids having vaccinations. Not for a second. I don't want to go back to the early part of the last century where it wasn't uncommon for half of the kids in a family to die from any one of the many diseases we have vaccinations for now. When was the last time you had a family member or friend even have Tuberculosis never mind die from it? If you love your kids you'll give them a head start in protecting them for these diseases. I've been doing some family tree research for my father in law who thought his mother only had two brothers. He was right in a way. Only two boys and one girl survived out of nine kids with the oldest only making it to 16 years old.
I too never thought twice about my kids having vaccinations but this whole covid episode amongst other things has made me question whether they are really nessessary and whether they could actually be doing harm.
If we love our kids we will do what we feel is the best for them.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Masks in office

Post by Seymour Buts »

Caesar wrote:
97gaz wrote:
Caesar wrote:

I think that the idiots are the parents who allow their children to be injected with all sorts of chemicals without trying to do any research.
I never thought twice about my kids having vaccinations. Not for a second. I don't want to go back to the early part of the last century where it wasn't uncommon for half of the kids in a family to die from any one of the many diseases we have vaccinations for now. When was the last time you had a family member or friend even have Tuberculosis never mind die from it? If you love your kids you'll give them a head start in protecting them for these diseases. I've been doing some family tree research for my father in law who thought his mother only had two brothers. He was right in a way. Only two boys and one girl survived out of nine kids with the oldest only making it to 16 years old.
I too never thought twice about my kids having vaccinations but this whole covid episode amongst other things has made me question whether they are really nessessary and whether they could actually be doing harm.
If we love our kids we will do what we feel is the best for them.
Doesn't this whole thing prove they're nessessary? They'll be a day when kids are vaccinated against Covid, to prevent this happening again, we desperately hope.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Masks in office

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Caesar wrote:If we love our kids we will do what we feel is the best for them.
Feelings are no substitute for science.
I'm a postman and no matter how much I love my kids I know f**k all about epidemiology and virology.

I could read s**t on the internet of course but you can read Superman comics on the internet and it doesn't make jumping over tall buildings any more true, if you can think of something ridiculous and type it into Google there will always be some plausible sounding report to back it up. The internet is like having a drunk best mate always telling you what you want to hear.

Don't under any circumstances make any decision that affects your child's health based on something you read on the internet speak to a proper doctor and not one who got their diploma from the University of cybernutville.
Only dead fish follow the current
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Masks in office

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Caesar wrote:If we love our kids we will do what we feel is the best for them.
Don't under any circumstances make any decision that affects your child's health based on something you read on the internet
Hear, hear.
I.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caesar
Posts: 234
Joined: 22 Nov 2018, 12:23
Gender: Male

Masks in office

Post by Caesar »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Caesar wrote:If we love our kids we will do what we feel is the best for them.
Feelings are no substitute for science.
I'm a postman and no matter how much I love my kids I know f**k all about epidemiology and virology.

Don't under any circumstances make any decision that affects your child's health based on something you read on the internet speak to a proper doctor and not one who got their diploma from the University of cybernutville.
Most of us get our scientific knowledge from what we read or hear. There are different opinions even amongst scientist. There is a lot of information on germ theory and I choose to believe a different conclusion to main stream science based on what I've experienced in my own life and what makes most sense to me.
I'm not trying to convince anybody that my opinion is correct but it's based on a lot of research and not a knee jerk reaction. We all have responsibilities to our children and we should do whatever we feel is best for them. If you choose to follow main stream science regarding the validity of vaccinations that's your choice.
Strangely the last time I went to see a proper doctor with my child, he looked on Google to find answers to his condition.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Masks in office

Post by Woody Guthrie »

If you choose to follow main stream science regarding the validity of vaccinations
Define "main stream science".

Do you mean properly funded, researched, peer reviewed and accepted by the vast majority of the scientific community?

If so then of course.
I would be stupid not to.
I'm a postman, I'm not arrogant enough to think that a couple of hours trawling the darkest corners of the internet makes me smarter than thousands of people who have spent their entire lives studying these things.
Only dead fish follow the current
Caesar
Posts: 234
Joined: 22 Nov 2018, 12:23
Gender: Male

Masks in office

Post by Caesar »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
If you choose to follow main stream science regarding the validity of vaccinations
Define "main stream science".

Do you mean properly funded, researched, peer reviewed and accepted by the vast majority of the scientific community?

If so then of course.
I would be stupid not to.
I'm a postman, I'm not arrogant enough to think that a couple of hours trawling the darkest corners of the internet makes me smarter than thousands of people who have spent their entire lives studying these things.
Like I said earlier, I'm not trying to convince anybody to believe anything. I did my research for my family, not to win an argument on the Internet.
It's obvious that our opinions differ on germ theory and the definitions of stupidity and arrogance so I won't bore you with my opinions on scientific funding.