glass joe wrote:Had another looney come up to me other day, past a side rd another round next to me does, he asked if he had any mail, i said no idea i haven't done your road in 15 years (actually not far off) then i had to explain i can't do every road in this area and there had to be a cut off at some point. drove off in a huff :lol:
I don't get the people that feel the need to ask if there is any post for them today when you are not coming to their house until you have done some other streets or come back round on the other side of the road.
Do you really need your junk mail now? do you really need to hassle me to search through my bag for your post because you can't wait a bit longer.
I just say to them 'I have no idea if I have post for you'. They look back surprised as if they didn't expect that response. They obviously expect me to say 'Kind Sir, Good morning to you, I will stop and check my bag for you. Oh yes, sir I do have some post for you, I will cross the road to give it to you. Here is your pizza hut leaflet'.
Why are people so desperate or excited to get mail each day.....99% of it is bills, leaflets, junk mail, bank statements.