ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
In this thread: a list and glossary of all the sharp practice employed by the screws.
There may or may not be a screw publication called My First Big Bumper Book of RM Bullshit that they glean this wisdom from.
Please suggest counters to any of the sharp practices if possible as well as making contributions to the list/glossary.
Ta.
If this pans out we could print it and issue it to new starters as part of a survival kit.
There may or may not be a screw publication called My First Big Bumper Book of RM Bullshit that they glean this wisdom from.
Please suggest counters to any of the sharp practices if possible as well as making contributions to the list/glossary.
Ta.
If this pans out we could print it and issue it to new starters as part of a survival kit.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
This one has raised its head in a couple of threads recently and it's been around since my induction.
First line of defence from a screw when faced with a complaint possibly about workload.
"You should consider if this really is the job for you"
In other words 'like it or lump it.'
In one short sentence your complaint has been dismissed and the failing has been made yours.
Normally they only trot out this gem to the newbies who aren't familiar enough with the procedures.
First line of defence from a screw when faced with a complaint possibly about workload.
"You should consider if this really is the job for you"
In other words 'like it or lump it.'
In one short sentence your complaint has been dismissed and the failing has been made yours.
Normally they only trot out this gem to the newbies who aren't familiar enough with the procedures.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
Ha! Brilliant,after 38 years I still get it now,together with,Royal Mail has been good to you,so let them continue to treat you like c..p,and he says “you don’t have to come through the doors in the morning”.....Sir Henry wrote:This one has raised its head in a couple of threads recently and it's been around since my induction.
First line of defence from a screw when faced with a complaint possibly about workload.
"You should consider if this really is the job for you"
In other words 'like it or lump it.'
In one short sentence your complaint has been dismissed and the failing has been made yours.
Normally they only trot out this gem to the newbies who aren't familiar enough with the procedures.
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 967
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
"Work over and don't worry, I'll remember this."
-
Sugar
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
- Gender: Female
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
"Why can't you complete? So and so managed it yesterday no problem".
In other words you're slow and lazy and it's all your own fault.
In other words you're slow and lazy and it's all your own fault.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
"I'll sort something out I promise" usually said with an uneasy cheeriness.
Told to posties when they ask about..........well anything.
RM manager speak for "I'm gonna do absolutely nothing"
Told to posties when they ask about..........well anything.
RM manager speak for "I'm gonna do absolutely nothing"
-
EdRush
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
- Gender: Male
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
DOM: "We need you to bust a gut today"
Translated: We have given you too much workload.
Suggested Reply: Yeah ok I'll phone in tomorrow with my injury report
Translated: We have given you too much workload.
Suggested Reply: Yeah ok I'll phone in tomorrow with my injury report
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
Not happened in a long,long time but when I used to inform one particular Lino that I wouldn’t be able to take my lapsing,he would respond with a look of abject horror,would then come over to inspect my frame & then start to count the letters IN the frame. Used to LOVE that
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1505
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
‘I’ve put you on this round today. It’s an easy round this one’
I just love replying with ‘oh that’s great, because I’m only doing my 5 hours today’
I just love replying with ‘oh that’s great, because I’m only doing my 5 hours today’
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Duesouth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 17:25
- Gender: Male
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
"That lapsing I gave you will take 10 minutes tops"
Postie, extends as the loop took 25 minutes. Manager forgot about factors like taking the mail and parcels off the frame including conveyance.
Postie, extends as the loop took 25 minutes. Manager forgot about factors like taking the mail and parcels off the frame including conveyance.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
Swings and roundabouts is one that boils my piss. Usually as the twat holds his coffee cup in his hands and fecks off.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
Temporary manager in for one day,il pay you 2 hours if you do some oversize for me!!!! Jog on like you have the authority to pay me out of my Dom's budget...some people fall for it regular boss comes back from day off..I'm due 2 hours from yesterday...don't know what you mean..
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
Day 1 - Can you leave your duty for a few days and do this one then this one, I'll get your duty covered.
Day 3 and there is 3 days worth of mail for you.
Day 3 and there is 3 days worth of mail for you.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
The old guilt trip
I've got no one else to do it/theres no cover
Whilst staff might be responsible for their duty, the rep once told me that Royal Mail planned our duties to be as big as possible to try and maximise our efficiency. So we are basically screwed when its busy and theres lapsing on top. Statements like the above are designed to make us responsible and force us into doing more overtime.
I've got no one else to do it/theres no cover
Whilst staff might be responsible for their duty, the rep once told me that Royal Mail planned our duties to be as big as possible to try and maximise our efficiency. So we are basically screwed when its busy and theres lapsing on top. Statements like the above are designed to make us responsible and force us into doing more overtime.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks
Had a row with a lino once an he said no favours for you anymore, I said no, I just want you to do your feckin job.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.