ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Some customers are just either bored or weird
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Some customers are just either bored or weird
Back when we were on park and loops I had a classic.
My van partner was the driver and had an oversized parcel for an address, he went ahead and attempted delivery, no answer so he P739s it.
I trundle up 20 minutes later with the letters. The guy is out sweeping his drive. I put his letters through, he goes to see what he’s got and sees the P739. Starts shouting saying I’ve just put that through. I explain it’s for a large parcel my colleague attempted to deliver 20 minutes ago.
Accuses me of lying and at one point even said I filled it out while I was on his drive. I tell him there’s no way I could’ve filled the P739 out, posted it and gone past him again in 20 seconds.
No matter what I said he wouldn’t believe me that my van partner had filled it. I even asked him what time does it say on the P739 (20mins ago) and what initials (not mine). There’s not many things that annoy me but being told I’m a liar is one of them.
Ridiculous thing is both our next loops start just over the road, if he’d have spoken to me decently rather than a piece of crap I’d have got his parcel for him.
My van partner was the driver and had an oversized parcel for an address, he went ahead and attempted delivery, no answer so he P739s it.
I trundle up 20 minutes later with the letters. The guy is out sweeping his drive. I put his letters through, he goes to see what he’s got and sees the P739. Starts shouting saying I’ve just put that through. I explain it’s for a large parcel my colleague attempted to deliver 20 minutes ago.
Accuses me of lying and at one point even said I filled it out while I was on his drive. I tell him there’s no way I could’ve filled the P739 out, posted it and gone past him again in 20 seconds.
No matter what I said he wouldn’t believe me that my van partner had filled it. I even asked him what time does it say on the P739 (20mins ago) and what initials (not mine). There’s not many things that annoy me but being told I’m a liar is one of them.
Ridiculous thing is both our next loops start just over the road, if he’d have spoken to me decently rather than a piece of crap I’d have got his parcel for him.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
xPandabear1992x
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Some customers are just either bored or weird
Well within reason.clashcityrocker wrote:If I have something that won't fit through a letterbox I knock on the door.
I thought everyone did that.
He had a reasonable sized letterbox. The letter in question actually went through the outside flap, the bristles, and through the main hole. What happened to it on the other side of the hole is not my business frankly.
I don't force stuff through if I suspect it wont fit. I knock in that case.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Some customers are just either bored or weird
Mis-posts seem to be the most common complaint by far, unsurprisingly, but yes, the reactions I have had over people receiving a letter that isn't theirs have been ridiculous at times.
-had blokes come out their houses angry saying things like.....'Oi, I don't want this persons post!!!'
-seen letters posted into letter boxes with 'WRONG ADDRESS!!! DO BETTER NEXT TIME!!!'
Do these people think they could perfectly deliver hundreds of letters to hundreds of houses 5 days a week and not make this small error.....of course they would.
I never react like these people if a mis-post comes through my door, never did before I was a postman either.
-had blokes come out their houses angry saying things like.....'Oi, I don't want this persons post!!!'
-seen letters posted into letter boxes with 'WRONG ADDRESS!!! DO BETTER NEXT TIME!!!'
Do these people think they could perfectly deliver hundreds of letters to hundreds of houses 5 days a week and not make this small error.....of course they would.
I never react like these people if a mis-post comes through my door, never did before I was a postman either.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird
First thing I do when I get in is check all the common missorts in the frame. It's the same ones every day, depending on who preps it. Castle Close in Castle street, Manor House in Manor Cottage etc.post_bitch wrote:constantly plagued by missorts - and its me who gets all the grief for it
so fking fed up of this part time nonsense
I just go through them all before I do the redirections.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Some customers are just either bored or weird
If you've done collections then you'll know that firms definitely think this. They seem offended when you won't wait five minutes (again) for them to get their arse in gear and seem genuinely surprised when you tell them you have a whole list of others places you need to get to.1560loopsayear wrote:I'm sure some customer's think we only deliver to them... like a private service and the whole world revolves around their little house.
-
grchpo
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
- Gender: Male
Some customers are just either bored or weird
I had this on collection, customer says the parcels are upstairs, l looked at the stairs & asked if his insurance would cover me if I fell. He fetched them, next day they were downstairs
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Some customers are just either bored or weird
Had a parcel for a lady on furlough the other day (she`s always home), I scan, put the parcel on the step, knock, step back, she opens the door and shouts at me: I didn`t order anything, take it back.
I say: it has your address on it, can you please check, she grabs it, checks the address and name and keep shouting to take it back.
I said ok, put it back on the step and I`ll take it back, she calls me a bitch and slams the door still holding the parcel.
I don`t get it, is she nuts or still didn`t heard of cv-19 and distancing?
I say: it has your address on it, can you please check, she grabs it, checks the address and name and keep shouting to take it back.
I said ok, put it back on the step and I`ll take it back, she calls me a bitch and slams the door still holding the parcel.
I don`t get it, is she nuts or still didn`t heard of cv-19 and distancing?
-
Post69
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 12 May 2017, 09:38
- Gender: Male
Some customers are just either bored or weird
Welcome to modern Britain
apparently the UK (according to the TV when they have fund raising days) we are kind, generous, lovely people? Yeah bollox selfish, greedy and most of all arrogant is more like it 
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Some customers are just either bored or weird
what, this is nuts. tell a manager and maybe they will ask her to collect any post parcels from the depot from now on.Janet Brum wrote:Had a parcel for a lady on furlough the other day (she`s always home), I scan, put the parcel on the step, knock, step back, she opens the door and shouts at me: I didn`t order anything, take it back.
I say: it has your address on it, can you please check, she grabs it, checks the address and name and keep shouting to take it back.
I said ok, put it back on the step and I`ll take it back, she calls me a bitch and slams the door still holding the parcel.
I don`t get it, is she nuts or still didn`t heard of cv-19 and distancing?
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Some customers are just either bored or weird
I did, nothing has been done.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Some customers are just either bored or weird
What’s with the door slammers? The ones who wait till you post a letter, open the door, look out into the street at you then slam the door. I’ll never understand that.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Some customers are just either bored or weird
Say thanks they wait till you post, usually I get the ones who open their doors in my face before knocking 
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Some customers are just either bored or weird
This is so so true. I`ve had customers who send 2-3 yorks per day, suddenly have a dozen unexpectedly, and then cant understand why I cant take them all when they`re my 4th call on that run.Deadly wrote:If you've done collections then you'll know that firms definitely think this. They seem offended when you won't wait five minutes (again) for them to get their arse in gear and seem genuinely surprised when you tell them you have a whole list of others places you need to get to.1560loopsayear wrote:I'm sure some customer's think we only deliver to them... like a private service and the whole world revolves around their little house.
-
glass joe
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 16:59
- Gender: Male
Some customers are just either bored or weird
Had another looney come up to me other day, past a side rd another round next to me does, he asked if he had any mail, i said no idea i haven't done your road in 15 years (actually not far off) then i had to explain i can't do every road in this area and there had to be a cut off at some point. drove off in a huff :lol:
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Some customers are just either bored or weird
The ones who open the door when you are posting the letters through.....they annoy me so much. As if I need help putting letters through a door....and then you come along and for some reason think pulling the door away from me is a good idea.Janet Brum wrote:Say thanks they wait till you post, usually I get the ones who open their doors in my face before knocking
It's typically when you may have a lot of post for someone and have to post their letters through in 2 or 3 goes, instantly some people jump up, rush to the door as soon as you go for a second attempt thinking you are struggling or something.