ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Assumed role

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Monty67
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 06:04
Gender: Male

Assumed role

Post by Monty67 »

I am currently on a 5hr contract, in March this year I was asked to cover a duty that had been vacated by a retirement, this duty is 25hrs, so for 3 months I have been paid 20hrs ot, not sacconded. The duty has not been advertised and it is presumed I'll carry on doing this going forward.at what point if any should it be assumed the duty is mine?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Assumed role

Post by POSTMAN »

If the duty meets all the requirements as per the way forward, it should go up for signing and anyone who wants it can go for it.
It does not automatically go to whoever is covering it.
Sorry.
A vacant duty can be covered by a reserve for up to 6 months before it needs to be put up for signing.
Where 5% of duties are vacant then they go up for signing.
WAY FORWARD
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
wallan
Posts: 498
Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
Gender: Male

Assumed role

Post by wallan »

Put a claim in for average pay while on leave