ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
bringing stuff back
-
endofdays1982
- Posts: 84
- Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 16:56
- Gender: Male
bringing stuff back
how are postmen doing their walk, is their anyone not having to approach line manager and just walking out taking packets bit of mail and coming back, i feel like doing that why should we have to speak to them , is thier anything they can do, if u clear essential tracks work ur hours and come back with what u can't deliver, its not exactly normal times, dont feel i should still need to approach line manager everyday to discuss the same pish
-
Busterbear
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 23 Oct 2013, 13:22
- Gender: Male
bringing stuff back
In my office we decide what we’re taking out . Obviously tracked and specials have priority , and if we still can’t finish on time bring loops back . No interaction with manager’s whatsoever. Not sure what there paid for .
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
bringing stuff back
I know it’s dumb really, why we have to have that conversation every morning (usually involving some form of b&h) when they know it’s busy, and if they want to check if we’re taking the piss why don’t they have a look at the pda actuals?
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
bringing stuff back
General consensus is that parcels take priority over letters but let manager know before hand .
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3724
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
bringing stuff back
Because they don't want to be proved wrong and find it easier to apply psychological pressure to get mail cleared.........Jpro747 wrote:I know it’s dumb really, why we have to have that conversation every morning (usually involving some form of b&h) when they know it’s busy, and if they want to check if we’re taking the piss why don’t they have a look at the pda actuals?
-
F3zza
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 03 Jan 2016, 20:38
- Gender: Male
bringing stuff back
Is priotising tracked a contractual obligation for Postmam? or is it just papering over the cracks for oversized walks that constantly fail completion?
-
F3zza
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 03 Jan 2016, 20:38
- Gender: Male
bringing stuff back
To elaborate on my above post. If I have to work to my time and bring mail back to the depot. Can I get into any serious trouble if some of the items I return are Tracked items?
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
bringing stuff back
yes because that is one of the main things the regulator is measuring the quality of service on, they will go down the with holding mail route for tracked stuff.F3zza wrote:To elaborate on my above post. If I have to work to my time and bring mail back to the depot. Can I get into any serious trouble if some of the items I return are Tracked items?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12185
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
bringing stuff back
SDs will always have the highest priority, then Tracked. After that I don't know what the order would be in DOs (I get a funny feeling that the order after SDs and Tracked might well vary between DOs)
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
bringing stuff back
Well as it stands it is incumbent on you to inform them of anything which may lead to a failure to complete that is the wording so chew the bastards ears off if he does not want to know just say it louder as always have a witness or two!endofdays1982 wrote:how are postmen doing their walk, is their anyone not having to approach line manager and just walking out taking packets bit of mail and coming back, i feel like doing that why should we have to speak to them , is thier anything they can do, if u clear essential tracks work ur hours and come back with what u can't deliver, its not exactly normal times, dont feel i should still need to approach line manager everyday to discuss the same pish
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
bringing stuff back
Tracked items are classed as a premium product and being tracked, the data is available to the contracted users And future contracting users. So R M want to keep down the failure rate to a minimum so as to convince companies to use the service rather than other couriers.2yearpostie wrote:yes because that is one of the main things the regulator is measuring the quality of service on, they will go down the with holding mail route for tracked stuff.F3zza wrote:To elaborate on my above post. If I have to work to my time and bring mail back to the depot. Can I get into any serious trouble if some of the items I return are Tracked items?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
bringing stuff back
At the end of the day it is by instruction/direction of your managers do not take this upon yourself you can end in a heap of s**t make them manage the situation!deltaforce wrote:Tracked items are classed as a premium product and being tracked, the data is available to the contracted users And future contracting users. So R M want to keep down the failure rate to a minimum so as to convince companies to use the service rather than other couriers.2yearpostie wrote:yes because that is one of the main things the regulator is measuring the quality of service on, they will go down the with holding mail route for tracked stuff.F3zza wrote:To elaborate on my above post. If I have to work to my time and bring mail back to the depot. Can I get into any serious trouble if some of the items I return are Tracked items?