ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Working as a Self Employed Courier - Flexible timing while working for RM

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ihatedogs
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 547
Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
Gender: Male

Working as a Self Employed Courier - Flexible timing while working for RM

Post by ihatedogs »

Our signing on sheet asks if you have a second job, if you put yes then the gaffer will ask for details.
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Working as a Self Employed Courier - Flexible timing while working for RM

Post by GRS »

Janet Brum wrote:
GRS wrote:
Janet Brum wrote:The tax man will know plus if he has an accident with another parcel company van he will have to declare to his insurrer and RM.
Is best to find a job wich is not involving driving at all.

Odd comment!!! I doubt the tax man is gonna give two hoots if he’s working for RM and another courier company. As long he’s paying tax and NI HMRC couldn’t care less where he works.
I don`t know what games are you playing, I have nothing with you or your posts but you seem to keep attacking me/stalking my posts, I wonder why?

I`m going to put you on ignore to solve the issue, have fun.

Sorry you feel that way...... no offence intended. I have no knowledge who you are on here and I can’t say i recognise your user name as someone I’ve ever replied to on a thread. Maybe you have mixed me up with someone else? I honestly can’t remember having a spat with you before and as for stalking you - definitely not!!! All I did was offer an opinion on something - something I felt that I could contribute a thought towards where a guy has bills to pay and mouths to feed and needs to do what he needs to do to continue that.
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Working as a Self Employed Courier - Flexible timing while working for RM

Post by Ricardo44 »

We have a full time guy in our office who, before lockdown was delivering chinese takeaways in his car and that was not a problem.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Working as a Self Employed Courier - Flexible timing while working for RM

Post by joewyan »

I’m sure there is an issue working for a rival. Also, you need to declare driving hours and there is a limit to that too so might be worth checking out.
Route1
Posts: 369
Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
Gender: Female

Working as a Self Employed Courier - Flexible timing while working for RM

Post by Route1 »

Ricardo44 wrote:We have a full time guy in our office who, before lockdown was delivering chinese takeaways in his car and that was not a problem.
Takeaway / pizza deliveries etc are ok. Competitor courier probably isnt.

I doubt HMRC would give details of the other employment apart from changing the tax code as it might breach data privacy rules.

I think we fill in a sheet everyyear where we get asked about other employment. My managers know i've had other jobs but they where happy enough for me to say i dont.

Only legal issue is the amount of hours driving per week. If you are a postie (driver or passenger) it wont be applicable as u are not driving all the time.

I cant say go ahead and do the other job as it potentially is a breach of contract but i wouldnt worry about it to get the extra hours.