ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

my bundle salary sacrifice

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

my bundle salary sacrifice

Post by CPTNemoUK »

I got my wife a tab on there because she needed it for her new job while she worked from home. It took 2 months too arrive but I think it was because of the lock down. Oh and her employer is giving her the money back for the tablet :nana
Beancounter
Posts: 60
Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 18:10
Gender: Male

my bundle salary sacrifice

Post by Beancounter »

xPandabear1992x wrote:
Philbag70 wrote:
Beancounter wrote:Anyone tried to log onto the technology part of the My Bundle site recently? Been trying for a few days and it gives me an error message "There was a problem connecting to this site. Please try again later. "
I've been getting that message for weeks. I just assumed everything was on hold/messed up due to coronavirus. The whole site is much less user friendly since the revamp last year.
Eyup mate. I had the problem for a while too.

Visit https://mybundle.rewardgateway.co.uk/Contact" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drop an email or give a call. They usually sort the problem without fuss. Without a doubt the most efficient customer service team I've ever had dealings with.
Thanks, did an online chat, told me the site was down, gave me an email address to contact, dropped them a message.

Edit: you weren’t wrong about customer service being excellent, got access sorted within 10 minutes of emailing.

Cheers for the advice.
fatmike
Posts: 33
Joined: 27 May 2011, 14:52
Gender: Male

my bundle salary sacrifice

Post by fatmike »

I hadn't heard anything about the tax code, but that could explain why I underpaid on tax last year (it was only about £50 and they've adjusted my code slightly this year, rather than taking the £50 in one go).

It generally seems a good deal, though. I pay £6.52 a week over 18 months, for a £500 bike. Works out at a fraction over £500. But I think (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) that the payments come out before tax, so it actually works out that I was only losing about £5 a week on my net pay. That could be why I had to pay more tax later.

But anyway, still seems worth it. :thumbup
xPandabear1992x
Posts: 286
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
Gender: Male

my bundle salary sacrifice

Post by xPandabear1992x »

Beancounter wrote:
xPandabear1992x wrote:
Philbag70 wrote:
Beancounter wrote:Anyone tried to log onto the technology part of the My Bundle site recently? Been trying for a few days and it gives me an error message "There was a problem connecting to this site. Please try again later. "
I've been getting that message for weeks. I just assumed everything was on hold/messed up due to coronavirus. The whole site is much less user friendly since the revamp last year.
Eyup mate. I had the problem for a while too.

Visit https://mybundle.rewardgateway.co.uk/Contact" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drop an email or give a call. They usually sort the problem without fuss. Without a doubt the most efficient customer service team I've ever had dealings with.
Thanks, did an online chat, told me the site was down, gave me an email address to contact, dropped them a message.

Edit: you weren’t wrong about customer service being excellent, got access sorted within 10 minutes of emailing.

Cheers for the advice.
Any time, mate.
Adam.b96
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Mar 2020, 16:45
Gender: Male

my bundle salary sacrifice

Post by Adam.b96 »

I wanted to buy a laptop through my bundle and it says you get an allowance of something like £34.87 if I'm not mistaken but it's only given me an allowance of £16.13, does anybody know what's going on there I'm not sure if it's because I've only been in the job since march but I'm not too sure :/
xPandabear1992x
Posts: 286
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
Gender: Male

my bundle salary sacrifice

Post by xPandabear1992x »

Adam.b96 wrote:I wanted to buy a laptop through my bundle and it says you get an allowance of something like £34.87 if I'm not mistaken but it's only given me an allowance of £16.13, does anybody know what's going on there I'm not sure if it's because I've only been in the job since march but I'm not too sure :/
It may depend on what kind of hours you do? I do 28 and mine was about £35.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: my bundle salary sacrifice

Post by Stormproof »

Just got a letter through from HMRC. Apparently I owe them £147 for the telly I got through My Bundle. So it’s worked out a lot more expensive than if I had ordered it off a catalogue and paid the interest :d'oh! Won’t be buying anything from there again.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Re: my bundle salary sacrifice

Post by fb1969 »

The salary sacrifice scheme was essentially a tax avoidance scheme - anyone who used it was dodging tax payments.

The loophole was closed and people are now hit for back tax, yet RM still flog this as some form of benefit of working for them.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
WASD
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 375
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: my bundle salary sacrifice

Post by WASD »

fb1969 wrote: ↑
06 Sep 2021, 14:57
The salary sacrifice scheme was essentially a tax avoidance scheme - anyone who used it was dodging tax payments.

The loophole was closed and people are now hit for back tax, yet RM still flog this as some form of benefit of working for them.
Yeah it's just a interest free loan essentially. The discount vouchers on mybundle are good however, i use them alot, but many employers offer these anyhow.

It's funny when company job adverts state benefits as uniform, training, cycle to work scheme, pension and other drivel. As if any of those are a real benefit. RM at least has a decent pension scheme, allbeit i don't trust the investors in control of it.
loyalsnail
Posts: 132
Joined: 23 Feb 2011, 10:24
Gender: Male

Re: my bundle salary sacrifice

Post by loyalsnail »

WASD wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2021, 08:38
fb1969 wrote: ↑
06 Sep 2021, 14:57
The salary sacrifice scheme was essentially a tax avoidance scheme - anyone who used it was dodging tax payments.

The loophole was closed and people are now hit for back tax, yet RM still flog this as some form of benefit of working for them.
Yeah it's just a interest free loan essentially. The discount vouchers on mybundle are good however, i use them alot, but many employers offer these anyhow.

It's funny when company job adverts state benefits as uniform, training, cycle to work scheme, pension and other drivel. As if any of those are a real benefit. RM at least has a decent pension scheme, allbeit i don't trust the investors in control of it.
The Cycle to Work scheme is truly a benefit (and it's about to get even better), as is leasing a fully electric car... The rest is only really beneficial if the only way you could otherwise get the item is via a personal loan.
adehudson
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Jul 2022, 08:45
Gender: Male

Re: my bundle salary sacrifice

Post by adehudson »

I'm being really thick but where do you access this on mybundle?
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: my bundle salary sacrifice

Post by yellowbelly »

adehudson wrote: ↑
12 Jul 2022, 08:49
I'm being really thick but where do you access this on mybundle?
If you're talking about Cycle To Work, login, then either search 'Cycle to Work' or select the 'tile' marked 'My Benefits' and
then select the square tile 'Cycle To Work'.